My "feelings" for someone has returned all of a sudden..?

Lunara

So back in 2005 I met this guy. I was 14 and he was 17. We never really 'dated', but we were very close and we always kind of had feelings for each other. In fact, I think the guy loved and cared about me a lot. We stayed as close friends up until around... 2009, and then we cut contact with each other because I did something that hurt his feelings over something petty, but we were also both pretty immature and didn't know how to deal with our problems.

Now fast forward to 2016; I'm 24 years old now. I haven't talked to this guy for almost 7 years and it never really bothered me. I hardly EVER thought about him and what happened between us, but now all of a sudden I can't stop thinking about him and it feels like my feelings for him have just returned out of the blue. It's really driving me insane. I don't know why this is happening to me. I want to reach out to him but I'm also not sure if I should because I really don't know anything about him or what's going on in his life anymore. I was hoping someone else might have an idea as to why something like this is happening all of a sudden. I'm so confused.

Edited by Lunara
Marco Valerio

Hi there,

Are you sure nothing is going on in your life? Nothing that could have triggered these feelings?

It's quite odd that suddenly you are feeling this way.

• Author

Well I did play some video games recently that the two of us used to play a lot together, but it never really triggered my feelings like this before.