4 weeks NC

sangel07

So, I was not expecting to come back to this website, but here I am... because of the same guy, 3 years later. Same heartbroken me. At least this time we actually had a relationship, a good one. Too bad he dumped me after almost 2 years, saying he was not in love with me and thought I deserved something better.

Today it's 4 weeks since the breakup and we are being good with NC. He promised not to contact me, and I know he's going to keep his promise cause he feels guilty and doesn't want to hurt me further. As for myself, I'm tempted sometimes but I've never really been close to texting him, mainly because I feel really humiliated, and I don't want to feel rejected again. So my achievement is not really giving me any satisfaction, since I feel it comes from shame rather than from strength.

Still, I thought it was important to record this result. It doesn't make me happy now, but I'm 4 weeks into my recovery. I hope I'll come back to this post someday and think this was just the beginning of my rebirth.

• Like 1
drpepper1886

Just wanted to say, I'm in the same boat, was together with my ex for 3 years, apart for 1 (1 year solid NC), then back together after she promised I was the person she wanted and she had never been so sure of anything in her life before; for another 2 before she ended it again about a month ago.

• Author
Just wanted to say, I'm in the same boat, was together with my ex for 3 years, apart for 1 (1 year solid NC), then back together after she promised I was the person she wanted and she had never been so sure of anything in her life before; for another 2 before she ended it again about a month ago.

Thank you for sharing, indeed are boats are very similar. I don't know it that's the case for you, but I'm happy I had a second chance with this guy, since this allowed me to experience the 2 of us as couple and see that we didn't work. It hurts like hell, but I know this time there are no "what if"'s to keep me chained to him. I hope you got/will get some closure too.

That said, the last 2 days it's been harder than usual to stick to NC. I don't even have anything specific I'd like to say to him, I only want to hear from him, talk to him. I'm afraid the initial shock of the break-up is starting to fade, and with it the hurt and rage that were protecting me in some way. Now these dangerous thoughts of "it would be nice to just hear from him, without expectations" are starting to pop up in my head, and that's when I need to force myself to be strong and not go down this dangerous path. I have a sinking feeling that this will not be the only time I'll have to have this conversation with myself in my head, and that the hard part has just begun.