Leave me alone and let me no contact

TalesoftheWireMonkey

TalesoftheWireMonkey

We work together and I mean in the same room a few feet away and sometimes side by side. After two years of really no fights or major disagreements she blows up on the phone one night. The next day at work Saturday she blurts out we are broke up. No discussion, no reasons given.

Fine, I quit talking to her and mind my own business.

The next Monday at work she is trying to talk and joke with me like everything is normal. After a day or two she asks why I'm giving her the silent treatment.

I said it was her choice to break up and we need to keep our conversations about work only. Anything else is too painful right now.

After two more days of me treating her like the copy machine. Avoiding eye contact and not speaking unless it's work she blows up and tells me I'm being an a-hole.

You're doing the right thing. She's just being bratty that you're not doing what she wants you to do. Likely seeking an ego boost.

Keep your contact strictly work related.

• Like 2

Even as a woman I am on your side that you are handling this EXACTLY as you should. Keep up the good work. She is part of your past and you are handling it maturely.

Id also look into a transfer to another branch/office or start interviewing only because it would be nice to be away from her D-R-A-M-A

She made her bed, let her sleep in it and no matter what she does, continue to keep it professional!!

Her behavior is the biggest downside of dating somebody you work with.

Just keep up what you are doing.

Meanwhile perhaps break out the ole resume.

• Like 1
  • Author
TalesoftheWireMonkey
This should be the public service announcement for not dating people you work with.

Unfortunately in that sort of environment it becomes almost unavoidable. Too much free time and an easy-going supervisor. You end up getting close to people either as platonic or lovers sometimes both.

• Author
TalesoftheWireMonkey
Even as a woman I am on your side that you are handling this EXACTLY as you should. Keep up the good work. She is part of your past and you are handling it maturely.

Id also look into a transfer to another branch/office or start interviewing only because it would be nice to be away from her D-R-A-M-A

She made her bed, let her sleep in it and no matter what she does, continue to keep it professional!!

I know what she wants. She said as much when she asked why couldn't I forgive her.

She doesn't want it hanging over her conscious that she threw away a decent guy.

And, she wants me to go back to being her emotional tampon that I started out as. I've got too much self-respect to let her cry on my shoulder over my replacement or lack of.

• 2 weeks later...
darkbloom
Unfortunately in that sort of environment it becomes almost unavoidable. Too much free time and an easy-going supervisor. You end up getting close to people either as platonic or lovers sometimes both.

I'm well aware. I dated someone I worked with for 4 years. I would advise almost everyone against it.