Coping Journal of final chapter

Finalchapter

Finalchapter

Ever since my breakup with my ex last year, I have lived in denial. I used to believe that it's a phase..for me and for him and eventually things will get better. he dated new people and i tried to do so as well. all because i wanted to let go with love and forgiveness and let our beautiful memories be just that, not stain them with sorrow. That I realize is not possible. Atleast not for me.

I needed a final confrontation and we agreed to meet for coffee. I landed in his city around midnight and then never heard from him. No, how are you..did you reach home..are you safe..do you want me to pick u up..nothing. All I got was cold blooded silence and curt replies after travelling more than a 1000 km just to keep my promise of meeting him. I returned the same evening without saying a word. So this is it. This is what my life has come to. In pursuit of forgiving someone else I have made situations such that I am unable to forgive myself. The good thing though is that at present my life is at such a low that it really can't get any worse. So perhaps it will all just turn good for me from here on. To everyone who is going through anything similar please learn from my story. Exes don't deserve your love, your concern or even your forgiveness. They may fake sincerity but they won't change.

My mom always used to say that you should never give up on people, but i guess there are a few on whom you must. They will never change, they will always be heartless and merciless. Always.