One year later

brokengirl85

Meh. One year has passed. I briefly contacted him before christmas and txted him about another guy I had been dating. He offered me some advice, and also told me he was dating a lady.

After that I blocked him everywhere. Meh. I was pinning for him for years and he always told me he was not ready to date yet came another lady and bum! Now he's in a committed relationship. how lame is that?

I felt broken at first but it also helped me realize he never loved me or cared for me, he used me and got fun out of me.

Yes, one year passed but the damage is done. I still miss the emotions and feelings I had with him. I also wish I could go back in time and be with him again, because sometimes I miss him so much.

I also miss the rush of adrenaline I had with him always. It was always an adventure. Thinking of him kept me occupied and had no time to think about myself. Now I have all this free time, and I feel really empty. I know this has nothing to do with him, and it's a flaw of mine, but it was easy with him, I wasn't worried about me or life in general bc I was always thinking about him.

It was all a fantasy, and it breaks my heart, not the fact he used me, but the fact it wasn't reciprocated. He never felt the same and I chose to be blind to that.

Anyway, one year since last time we met, and I still think about him, mostly with sadness and with the realization it was all my fantasy and not real life.

I couldn't find anyone else in all these time, I'm not ready, honestly.

You are still working on getting ready to move on. You seem to need him to tell you he doesn't want you in so many ways because it's hard for you to believe. You think you couldn't have had so many good feelings if he didn't reciprocate them. But you have to realize no everyone can reciprocate the same level of feeling, and that many more don't even want to. But in the end, those good feelings you had were love that came from inside you. It's your love. He didn't give you the love. You had it in you and used it on him. And you can take that with you when you leave. And you must. Then you can give it to someone more deserving. Good luck.

he always told me he was not ready to date yet came another lady and bum! Now he's in a committed relationship. how lame is that?

Many people don't feel the desire to date UNTIL they find Mr/Ms Right. When he found Ms Right, it blew away those dating cobwebs and he found himself ready to start again.

I'm very sorry that you weren't his Ms Right, but at least it sounds like he was upfront with you about not wanting to date you.

As an aside, do you see the irony of you telling him about other men but getting upset when he mentions another woman? Why would you discuss relationships with him if you don't want to hear what's going on in his life? I'm glad you've blocked him from your life - sounds like you should have done this a long time ago.

Glad that you've moved on.

Well you did text him about a guy you were dating and not sure who said it first but maybe he told you about his new lady to let you know he has moved on since it sounded like you had. I agree with the comment that one year is a long time and not sure your expectations were set low enough when you contacted him. I've found no good really comes of contacting exes unless they contact you for a second chance. Hope it get better