Dad and Mom's you matter!

Digger123

Divorce is uprooting and painful. When kids are involved, it wreaks havoc. As a daughter, I want to share my experience to the dads who have girls and to dads who have boys. As a daughter, my dad shut me out when my parents got divorced. I no longer mattered from what I saw. He was engrossed in the pain my mom caused that hurt him. He forgot about me. He once use to hold me in his arms, play and tell me I was precious but after the divorce, he disappeared.

The little times I saw him he looked right through me as if I never existed. My dad who once treated me special seemed to reject me. Fast forward ten years later I found myself in a relationship. I loved my man so much, but fear enveloped me that he would leave and self-confidence lacked in me. My man that I loved well guess what? He left me because I was to much. He Couldn't fulfill what lacked in my self-worth that my dad unattended. I didn't realize I put my guy in the place that my dad left scarred. I ruined my relationship because I didn't have a dad who role modeled what was important and healthy.

It broke me. So I ventured out to get healthy, and when I became healthy, I was ready for a healthy relationship. I ended up in a relationship with a man who's mom abandoned him. We both wanted to love each other, but the brokeness was too much. So my point is this... A relationship is deeper than the present. It goes back to the parents. So parents that are raising kids to remember this because your kids are a product of what we raise them in.

I am broken, but healing and my three children have a chance because as a mom, I won't trash their dad, and I want their dad in their life. It's the circle of life. Love your kids be there for them and offer your life experiences because what you think is failure isn't. It's life lessons you can pass on. You didn't fail; you are given a chance to make it right. There is not a bad person on this earth. Only bad things that have happened to innocent people and those innocent people develop behavior to deal with their hurt.

That is were ugly behavior comes from. Behind anger is pain. When someone is trying to hide pain a lot of times, anger is the forefront. It takes compassion and patience to heal and to be a cornerstone for the broken. We are in need of examples to live by. There is one in every family. Who is yours?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator