So I ended up getting hospitalized recently

loverage21

I just checked into my dorm today, and I was very hostile and aggressive towards everyone. And thoughts of suicide were bombarding my mind. My worries just magnified and I am in the same dorm as **** btw, so that makes worries worse too.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

You know,

Late tonite I was listening to the radio and they have this relationship program that's been on for a few years and the open forum was 'whether or not dating was more difficult with age'

Well, they brought up a lot of good topics that I wish you, the OP could hear.

For one, they talked about how younger women (i.e. teenagers) are less picky and more "loving" cuz they don't know a darn thing. That with age, they become more confident in themselves and know what they want. So, I wish you wouldn't put so much emphasis on "teenage love" - when fact is, it's so intense and cute and all that cuz teenagers don't know a darn thing. They are acting out of hormones and emotions.

And, that doesn't mean that you didn't have any value cuz of what you went through in teens/20s. Actually, that's another topic they brought up - which is it's normal for men in their 20's to lack confidence to ask out girls and/or take rejection harder cuz it isn't until their 30's that they finally got a decent job/career, education, have experience dating - and they have more to bring to the table, which raises their self-confidence to approach and date women.

So, really wish you'd just hear out what we're telling you here and if you still are considering suicide and/or can't stop obsessing about "teenage loves", then please, please, seek professional help.

Please,

• Like 1

Checking into a dorm should not have caused such an extreme reaction. Go talk to your RA. Perhaps that person can help you get into a different dorm away from the person you don't want to see. If you still feel suicidal talk to campus health or call a suicide hot line.

• Author

For one, they talked about how younger women (i.e. teenagers) are less picky and more "loving" cuz they don't know a darn thing. That with age, they become more confident in themselves and know what they want. So, I wish you wouldn't put so much emphasis on "teenage love" - when fact is, it's so intense and cute and all that cuz teenagers don't know a darn thing. They are acting out of hormones and emotions.

But you realize that is why teen love is so great, that is because it is the PUREST form of love. You didn't have to have added expectations. You just loved each other.

But you realize that is why teen love is so great, that is because it is the PUREST form of love. You didn't have to have added expectations. You just loved each other.

It's not a PURE love cuz teenagers don't know what love is. If I meet someone now, who knows who they are, what they want and show love for me, that IS PURE love cuz they're making a mature, informed and intelligent decison to love me.

Teenage "love" is the equivalent of "lack of mental capacity" to make a decison that would not be able to hold up in court.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's not a PURE love cuz teenagers don't know what love is. If I meet someone now, who knows who they are, what they want and show love for me, that IS PURE love cuz they're making a mature, informed and intelligent decison to love me.

Teenage "love" is the equivalent of "lack of mental capacity" to make a decison that would not be able to hold up in court.

Well I am in the hospital ER now. I went to the counseling office and had a breakdown and campus police brought me over and now I am here

Well I am in the hospital ER now. I went to the counseling office and had a breakdown and campus police brought me over and now I am here

Good luck - I really hope you get the help you so obviously need <3

• Like 2
  • Author

I got released to freedom just before school started for the year. But I ended up having a meltdown earlier and was hospitalized.

I respectfully disagree. As humans we are capable of varying kinds of love. Most adults though "assume" incorrectly that they know what love is and isn't. Thus why divorce is so high. Some got it wrong.

My niece dearly loves her Bf. And they are young and capable of enjoying each others company. Lets not over-generalize or demean a person who may have loved in a genuine way.

Op- You did the right thing in seeking medical aid. Coping with these changes can lead you down a path not worth exploring. I hope they are able to help in your adjustment. Its okay to ask for help.