Keep Having the Same Recurring Dream...

lakerman34

Day 9 -- No Contact

When I was seeing my ex and we were sleeping together, she'd always tell me that she was having "weird dreams" about me, but would never share. It was always a negative connotation (part of me wants to hear what they were).

Today, I got off the phone with my mom, and she told me that she kept having weird dreams about me ever since I alerted her of the breakup. Weird. She wouldn't tell me what they were.

I keep having the same dreams of talking with my ex and she non-chalantly brings up guys she is dating, making it very well known she is in the dating pool. I've had 4 dreams like this. Last dream I had, I threw a blanket on her face and told her to "get out of here" when she told me she dated the second Irish guy in a week (his name was Reilly O'Riley).

I used to wake up from these dreams filled with anxiety. This morning, I woke up with some anxiety, but calmed myself down quickly, remembering that in her given state, she probably won't be doing any dating/hooking up soon.

Any dream interpretation experts out there?

I think it points to the fact that she's moving on and you're not. That's why you wanted her out of your life and your head by throwing the blanket over her face. You don't want to be confronted with the fact that she can emotionally detach while you're having difficulties in that regard.

• Author
I think it points to the fact that she's moving on and you're not. That's why you wanted her out of your life and your head by throwing the blanket over her face. You don't want to be confronted with the fact that she can emotionally detach while you're having difficulties in that regard.

I KIND OF have a different interpretation.

We sort of had a "double breakup." Day after Christmas, we broke up. I went to her house, and we sort of had the same thing in mind. Ended up being EXTREMELY amicable, not nearly as many tears shed as I thought (there was a joke b/c I brought a box of tissues and barely had to use them). We ended up hanging out, having dinner, watching some Netflix with the understanding that as soon as I walked through the door, it was NC, but in hopes of, eventually, becoming friends (we weren't "in love" with each other b/c neither of us allowed ourselves to get there, BUT we cared deeply for each other).

2 hours later, she was texting me all lovey texts, blowing up my phone.

I thought she may have changed her mind. We hung out on NYE, I showed up in sweats and a tee, she was in a beautiful dress, makeup done, champagne popped, cookies baked, candles lit. She went all out, I didn't expect it.

And then, after about a week, it randomly went away. Abruptly. From "Hey, I'm going to watch Simpsons and then going to sleep. Remind me to tell you which character you remind me of lol. I love you!" to her going COMPLETELY cold.

3 days later, I text her, she responds, text again, no response. Wait a few hours. Wait a few hours, call, no response. Text her to hang out, no response. Few hours later, call again, no response. 30 minutes later, a text: "I don't like talking on the phone. What's up?"

Went OFF on her. Ended it, told her not to contact me, inadvertently called her a whore (I didn't MEAN it that way but, in hindsight, I think she may have taken it that way).

2 days later, apologized, no response.

Now with context, I think the dream is telling me that it isn't worth becoming friends with her, and not to work towards that end. That sort of relationship isn't really going to work between us. I thought my throwing the blanket over her head was my subconscious mind telling me, "you cannot be friends with this girl. Ever. If you are, you will have to be prepared for her to talk like this. Just forget her, realize your mistakes, move on."

IDK.