My cat is gone today....

Buddhist

:( She followed her morning routine and then simply disappeared. They do that when they are going away to die. I wish it wasn't so but it's been hours and she's not resurfaced. I had her for 11yrs and she was never known to wander outside the yard in that time. She was 14yrs old.

My other cat started looking for her in the yard then meowed and he's not a vocal cat. He's spent the day under the bed. Not looking good.

sorry about that experience :( from one cat lover to another.. it sucks but it has to happen eventually. and I'm sure your cat had a great long life with you and thanks to you...

positive vibes...

• Like 2
  • Author
Was she sick or anything like that?

Not sick as such. She recently had a bout of vomiting and lost a lot of weight. But she's an old cat and we moved to the tropics so she shed a tonne of hair too. Hard to tell.

But anyway I went for my daily walk and cried almost the whole way there and back. Fond and painful memories of my little girl. I got home and hung the washing out and then sitting on the porch was my cat. Squinting her eyes at me. :bunny: I almost couldn't believe it because I thought it was a ghost and I was sure I'd lost her.

No, she yowled at me her favourite tone in disapproval. :D I 'think' what may have happened is she bolted into the neighbours house (I share a duplexed house) as she left this morning for work. I noticed that as well as my cat on the porch, the neighbour was also home too.

Okay a bit of hocus pocus, I did a tarot reading today about what happened to my cat and kept getting the entrapment card. So I think my girl might have got herself trapped somewhere for the day and was released on my neighbours return. So happy to have her back though. That's all that matters. I know one day I will have to say goodbye but I'm just glad that day isn't today. :love:

• Like 8

Budhhist, I'm glad your cat is back!

It's nice to know there is someone else out there who uses tarot for answers! What deck do you use?

• Like 1

When my youngest daughter's cat was hit by a car, she disappeared for 5 days. We looked everywhere, hunted high and low, and couldn't find her anywhere.

Then, while I was going out of the front door one day, to do shopping, there she was, walking up the drive. Tottering, faltering, but still able to walk....

we took her straight to the vet, because her tail was totally limp and her belly very extended.

Verdict: Multiple fractures of the pelvis, and partial rupture of the spinal cord. No feeling or movement to her bladder, hence it being so full.

She felt no pain, due to the damage to the spinal cord, but her bladder was out of use, and she would gradually lose all movement in her legs.

We felt it odd that she should suddenly re-appear like that, out of the blue.

The vet said she had come home to die.

With heavy hearts, we accellerated the process, and gently helped her on her way.

My daughter was inconsolable for a good two weeks and spent 3 days off school...

I don't say any of the above to add a pessimistic note, and I'm 100% sure that your cat, though elderly, is fine. I reckon your guess at why she went missing is probably accurate.

But this is the tragedy of owning any pet we become close to, adore, fret over and dote on.

Sooner or later, we have to say goodbye.

And it hurts a shedload.

Inevitably, the time comes when our most welcome visitors have to re-locate.

In a weird way, I'm sad for you that this sorrow will repeat.

I wish it weren't so.

• Like 1
  • Author
Budhhist, I'm glad your cat is back!

It's nice to know there is someone else out there who uses tarot for answers! What deck do you use?

For that one? The Marseille cat tarot of course......:laugh: Funniest tarot deck out! I also own Thoth, Shadowscapes, Universal Fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Author

But this is the tragedy of owning any pet we become close to, adore, fret over and dote on.

Sooner or later, we have to say goodbye.

And it hurts a shedload.

Inevitably, the time comes when our most welcome visitors have to re-locate.

In a weird way, I'm sad for you that this sorrow will repeat.

I wish it weren't so.

Me too! But even in my darkest moment today I knew I would do it all again anyway. Ten years of good days are worth the bad days when that time comes. I have two cats, so even if she didn't return then this sorrow would repeat anyway. I had plenty of those thoughts today as well. :(

Whew!

What a heart wrenching thread. Glad she's back. :D

These are tough posts to read. Tara Maiden's especially.

• Like 1