How to let go?

Calidude6

How do you accept a loss? How do accept that someone is gone and accept that their happiness is probably no longer with you. Oddly enough and idk why but this is probably the hardest part. Accepting it and figuring out how to let go...

It simply takes time. I will tell you this, you question of "How" encapsulates this as a formulaic process. It ain't. You will be fine one day, messed up the next, good to go 6 months from now, but will sometimes think of the person. My ex wife and I have been apart 20 years. I think about her from time to time. But no longer is the associated emotional ties that we once had. Just fill your life with the activities that will empower you and do it one day at a time. You will get there.

I had both a breakup and death this year. I think accepting death is easier than breakup, when you are left for someone else. You cry both times but are left wanting and bitter only in the breakup.

So there is no way to let go I feel. The longing becomes less, and may be you find someone else, and that's how it gets buried. If the new person is much better than the previous then you let go I feel.