He would do this...why?

Smudgster

6 year relationship. We lived together. He was selfish toward the end. No help in house, out drinking whilst I worked, I got fed up when he wouldn't even mow lawn or put rubbish and called it a day when he cAme home drunk the 4th time in 4 days. He was a father figure to my sons but they were upset with him due to his drinking and attitude to me.

Since then (2 months) I've seen him once where he said he wanted to try again but then backed off and other than texted me twice starting convos then not continuing he's ignored me. It's absolutely devastated me how he's behaved.

We live nearby and share same social watering holes. If he has someone else then he's not seeing them much as he's always in the pub.

I've finally stopped texting because he won't say it's over, won't say it isn't, won't reply. I asked him why when we bumped into each other and he said he couldn't. I got the impression he knows exactly what he's doing.

Next time he texts he will get nothing. He's hurt me too deeply.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I've also now removed myself from the social circle and local pubs in order to move on.

Scarlett.O'hara
I've also now removed myself from the social circle and local pubs in order to move on.

That is a wise decision. You deserve so much better. The way he was behaving was a poor role model for your sons. Cutting him out of your life will send a strong message to your sons about how they should treat women. Respect is so important.

Stay strong.

Michelle ma Belle

There is no point in waiting for HIM to say it's over because he won't if only because he's a coward. If you think you deserve better (and I think you do) then do what needs to be done for the sake of your son and for yourself.

Good luck.

• Author

Thank you both. You are both so right. It's so easy to get lost in your own emotions and forget the bigger picture. I would never want my boys to treat a woman like he has treated me.

It hurts that I can no longer see my social circle but I cannot be hearing about him or worse, run the risk of bumping into him any more. This way I'm making real progress, finally.

Won't accept responsibility for the things that they do. Make the environment so toxic that you are the one that ends things. They then justify that YOU ended the relationship. My ex ended a relationship via email with a voicefile attachment. When I asked her why she was ending our marriage, she told me to listen to the mp3 file. Yup, that is true bi-directional communication lol.

I salute you for your stance. Yes, it is hard for your heart is involved. But you certainly are on the correct path.

• Author

Wow. Thanks for your reply.

Yes that's what he did: never ever took responsibility for anything. Would twist a story to avoid it, discredit me to avoid it, argue White is black if it suited him.

Why I'm suprised he's punishing me for what he's done I have no idea...because better to blame me than admit he's a *&@?.