Can you honestly let go Completely or do we just keep moving

TheLoveBelow92

TheLoveBelow92

4.5 months out after a serious relationship. do you actually go back to zero again emotionally as in fully heal and have no emotional attachment to an ex that once meant more to you than you ever knew they could or is there always something lingering there. I was the bad guy or so she said in the relationship and got blamed for everything. she wanted out i guess and anything she could blame me for she did. (Called her Fat and all these things/ But I would never say that to anyone especially not her.)

I still miss her and quite badly sometimes of what once was, I see her around town, passing her work too its hard to avoid (trying to ignore and not look in, but sometimes I do just to see she still exists, Its quite pathetic I know). I always wanted to work things out with her and thought she always would because I thought that's what you do, you work on yourself and know where your mistakes where and be better than before.

I think Its because I was loved up so much in the relationship, she was gorgeous and ticked all the boxes through out the relationship and for the first time in my life I didn't have any worries, I felt like I could take on the world no matter what because I Knew she was always right there behind me.

It may seem romanticized but Its just how it was, no relationship is perfect and neither was ours. She is actually really nice, a person a lot of people like with good qualities. I just cant understand my own feelings.

anyone ever feel the same or advise

• Author
TheLoveBelow92
Yes, you do let go completely.. it's a choice you stick with until it happens.

Yeah just wanted to hear everyone opinions to be honest if anyone has anymore

I don't know if you ever completely let go of someone you loved. I am fresh into heartbreak so I am not a reliable source but I have been married before and I know after the divorce I still had fond memories of the person but never wanted him back.

Sorry not much help just wanted to know I read and totally understand. I don't think I will let go of this one.

Take care.

• Like 1
Yes, you do let go completely.. it's a choice you stick with until it happens.

This is something I aspire to achieve. What I am working on is pretending my ex is simply dead. And, in reality, he was.

• Like 1
  • Author
TheLoveBelow92
I don't know if you ever completely let go of someone you loved. I am fresh into heartbreak so I am not a reliable source but I have been married before and I know after the divorce I still had fond memories of the person but never wanted him back.

Sorry not much help just wanted to know I read and totally understand. I don't think I will let go of this one.

Take care.

Thanks for understanding, its hard to get my side across accurately, but no everyone insight helps because it all matters. Thanks for sharing

I suppose it depends on the situation. I don't think I could completely let go. I will always love the woman who gave birth to my child, I just won't be in love with her. But I will always hope she is ok and wish her a good and safe life.

When my wife left me it helped to remind myself that I was grieving the loss of a persona created by her for me. Dumpers usually check out way before you find out so you're living with a persona they created for you so they can secretly work through their feelings . So don't grieve or miss that person that walked out the door, they don't exist.

Edited by gbe2015
  • Like 2

Time won't heal you back to zero. It'll just dull the pain enough to help you move on.

There will always be memories of what was but by creating new memories you're replacing the painful ones with new, happier ones instead.

• Like 1
  • Author
TheLoveBelow92

Its good the hear peoples opinions as I feel the same way and no matter what stage you are in life the same principles apply and that's good to hear, Thanks for all your input on this situation as im sure everyone has a similar story to share

No lingering feelings from past relationships except most recent on of 7 years. It will take time. The other two we over ten years ago and both are married now and I don't care.