I feel so much pain inside

Heatemyheart89

Heatemyheart89

I have been really struggling the past couple of days. But I had some contact with my ex and he basically admitted he could have been a better person , he just chose not to. He could have called, been reliable, helped me etc. He said he was moving on. I don't want him back but I am so upset that for 15 months I thought he was a good person, but truly he wasn't. I chased him and tried to change him and I am a fool. He is an alcoholic and a drug user, but because he is good looking/charming people like him and he has a lot of friends and family. In the past he has forgotten people easily, I will be the same. I don't know how to move on from this because I find myself feeling so angry. He feels sorry for himself only in that I wasn't the one for him.

He is blocked, I am blocked. But I hope this pain gets easier. It is worse knowing he will be fine.

Hello heart I feel the same it's terrible feeling I've just come of the phone in tears to my mother, moving on will take some time love just doesn't dissappear over night, I wish it did god knows I do but Ithe doesn't. .I was with my girlfriend for just over year and a half, your not a fool you cared.. the person who lost out is him, not many women will put up with a man who's an alcoholic and drug user, I think your best out of it, one day it will be a memory and you will find someone who you deserve, looks are not everything inside is where the beauty is :)

It's a battle I know hardest one you will ever experience keep strong x

• Like 1

Your anger and disillusionment are understandable, honey. You entered a relationship with an alcoholic/drug user. Heartbreak is inevitable when you're romantically involved with a substance abuser. It's a recipe for confusion and emotional turbulence. I hope you realize that you deserve better.

• Like 1