I feel like I'll never bounce back

Sampson67

Hello members any advice would be greatly appreciated,

I posted about my relationship a little while ago so you can go there for reference to keep this brief, but basically after being four months into my break up of a relationship that lasted 5 years, although I no longer have the urge to contact her (I fully realize that it's over) I feel like I'll never feel the way I used to again. My self esteem is shot over the way she left me for another man and although I think that I'm at least average looking, I feel unattractive and unworthy of ever being loved again. Some of it has to do that I blame the times I was emotionally avoidant during our relationship and that led her to cheat once and eventually leave me for another guy (different guy).

For those who were dumped after a LTR how long did it take to finally feel normal and what did you do to cope during that time?

seekingpeaceinlove

Hi Sampson..it will get better in time. I'm going through another break up and it's the 2nd one with the same man. The first time around was soul crushing but I got through it and made huge improvements during the time I was alone. I forced myself to eat right, get in the gym, enjoy nature..and spend quality time with my family and friends. This all helped with the healing process immensely.

Unfortunately, 7 months after the break up, the ex and I rekindled our relationship and it was good for a little while until our issues crept back again. He broke up with me again, 2 weeks ago, and I'm back to feeling utterly depressed and hopeless.

Still, I know I'll get though it again..in time. You will too. It really just takes time. Focus on having good moments and taking time to be good to yourself. Love yourself the best you can and surround yourself with people who love you. That's all you can do...and in time, you'll be ok. In fact, you will come out of this stronger and a better person if you channel your energy in a positive direction.

(BIG HUGS)

ManyDissapoint

I also feel like a happy relationship is going to be impossible after what I have realized since my breakup. Life is grey. I'm trying to appreciate grey.