Dealing with the Emptiness

HGD38

Its been 2 months of NC and I'm feeling so much better and positive for it. However I wondered if anyone had any tips or advice on how to deal with the emptiness left in your life after someone leaves you all of a sudden. I find it so weird how someone can be everything and have such a presence in your life and then for no reason they are no more?!?!

• Like 2

I just try to keep busy. Whenever I miss my ex I think of the cruel things she said to me before we parted for the last time. Just try to fill your time with stuff to do or entertainment. Anything to get your mind off of it.

It's very hard to keep your ex out of your head, and when you're sleeping all bets are off. There's nothing you can do to keep them out of your dreams, I should know because my subconscious is punishing me every night.

I would say find some kind of project to focus on, that's what I'm attempting to do. And if you still need help here is a little tip you can try. Make a list of 5 things, they can be as random as want but 5 things that are in no way associated with your ex. Here's mine:

*mustard

*sea shells

*the color orange

*playdough

*snow

Then when thoughts of your ex pop in, take out your list and focus on those things. It's weird but it can help a bit.

• Like 1
BrokenManAgain

For sleeping, I strongly encourage anyone to download

Downloaded it. Put it on a loop. Just listen. All you have to do is listen.

You should fill that emptiness with the most important thing in this world. Yourself. Get to know yourself again. Figure out what you like to do, what your goals are, and enjoy the company of those around you. Learn to love yourself again.

When I was trying to get over my ex-fiance, I decided to change myself for the better. I got rid of the negative influences in my life, and began making friends with common goals as myself. Positive, encouraging people. The types of friends that can see your potential, and help you strive to get there. That not only helped with filling the void, it made me realize there really is a life worth living without my ex.

I also found new hobbies. I began reading more often, and took up writing. When I did these things, it made me feel like I was finding myself. It also made me realize it's OK to be alone.

If you make the most of this time then you'll come out a much better and wiser person.

• Like 1