This has helped me greatly when dealing with my breakup.

lowercasegravy

lowercasegravy

If you haven't already, I really recommend reading The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

I'm not one for being spiritual but it has really given me enlightenment. This book resonated with me and my breakup, and has helped me recover from my depressing thoughts by living in the present moment and letting go of the past. I'm only a few chapters in and I've already felt true happiness.

So I thought I'd share this to anybody trying to cope with depression or stress :)

• Like 2

Thank you.

"The Power of Now" is one of the most recommended books to read, on this forum.

I think repeating the recommendation is an opportune thing...

I can never get enough of that book.

• Author
lowercasegravy

Ah I didn't realize how popular the book was on this forum already. But I'm glad I can bring attention to this book for those who haven't read it already :p

• Like 1
Ah I didn't realize how popular the book was on this forum already. But I'm glad I can bring attention to this book for those who haven't read it already :p

I think it may well be one of the most powerful books written in the last century.

It was first published in 1997.

The other book I would venture to suggest, that had a similar impact was "The Tibetan Book of Living & Dying" (1992) the message of which traverses all religions and speaks right to the heart of the reader.

• Like 1

I'm about to download that book now. I could really use some uplifting. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 1