After a month of No Contact, I was contacted

MagicRat09

Backstory is, it's someone I used to be friends with and had feelings for. But I came to realize they were aware of my feelings and exploited them, and the situation grew toxic. Things started to sour on both ends.

We fell out, and they started telling lies about me in our social group. So I decided to go NC, stay away, recover etc. I started healing and doing healthier things with other people. I got happier.

After about 5 weeks of NC I got the "Missing you, wish you were here" text. Which I haven't responded to. But it's sent me into a tailspin.

I feel like if I respond I am opening myself up to trouble.

Trouble...

Oh, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble

Feels like every time I get back on my feet

she come around and knock me down again

Tread cautiously. She has been baking loaves and sounds like she has a heap of breadcrumbs to spare. I'd wait to see if she makes another attempt. After the way things ended and her telling lies about you to friends, she needs to try harder if she wants you back.

• Like 1
  • Author

If I were to respond it would be out of guilt, because I was/am a people pleaser with easily pushed buttons. I know that when I'm rational, but it's those vulnerable moments I gotta watch out for.

Simon Phoenix
If I were to respond it would be out of guilt, because I was/am a people pleaser with easily pushed buttons. I know that when I'm rational, but it's those vulnerable moments I gotta watch out for.

Delete the message then. You can't respond to something that doesn't exist.

• Like 1
HereNorThere

You've already posted that this person exploited your feelings and put you into a one-sided relationship. People do that for an ego boost. Do you really want to feed her ego once more by responding?

Let it go and let yourself heal. Life is too short to allow someone to hold you emotionally hostage. I know it hurts, but sometimes you just have to go through it so you can make it to the other side.

Don't let her make you take a step backwards. Don't let her get her teeth into you again. I've been in this type of situation and every single time you give into one of their demands, another little piece of you dies.

Stay strong and live life. I promise you that things will get better... if you let them.

• Like 1