Almost a year and still not over her?

Op17

I don't know why I can't get this girl out of my head. She stopped talking to me for someone else almost a year ago but theres not one day that passes by that I don't think about her, good memories I had and mistakes I made. I spend a lot of time thinking why to this day I still can't get her out of my head. This was also the first girl I ever talked to so maybe that has something to do with it. I just feel like my life has been very empty until I met her, but when she left it became that same emptiness all over again except with pain, regrets and memories. I don't know I just feel completely lost and don't know what to do anymore. This feels like a curse

I understand your pain. I think the best thing to do is to work on yourself. Learn to be happy on your own. Travel, get better at what you love to do, meet new people...when you truly do feel happy with the person you've become you may not feel that tied to her. If you still do, contact her. All the best! :)

• Like 1
  • Author
If she's your first then that's normal. You'll never forget her really.

Have you tried dating?

No I haven't, it's not that easy for me to meet new people. I don't have many friends and or anyone I'm interested in; in my community college classes. I was lucky when I met her.

• Author
I understand your pain. I think the best thing to do is to work on yourself. Learn to be happy on your own. Travel, get better at what you love to do, meet new people...when you truly do feel happy with the person you've become you may not feel that tied to her. If you still do, contact her. All the best! :)

Thanks a lot; I'm continuing to try and better myself but contacting her is out of the question. I was able to talk to her again after 6 months of no contact, but she quickly cut me off again.

If she's your first then that's normal. You'll never forget her really.

Have you tried dating?

Oh you will. My first for whom I had pangs of anxiety

over 10 years ago is now the tiniest possible speck.