I can't keep this up

Plaster

So I'm nearly 5 months into the break up.

We were together nearly 2 years and she was the love of my life.

I took her for granted and let myself slip and basically ruined the relationship and lost her to someone else.

I was no contact, still am really.

I just can't shake her from my thoughts. I miss her so much.

I've betterd myself, look good, more sports, gym everyday, Am a lot more presentable, bought a new car, out of debt, I'm 1000x better then where I was.

But I'm so depressed. Every morning I miss her. Every night i dream of her. She is always on my mind. She used to worship me. I ruined it all.

I've slept with a lot of women since her, I've been on dates, but I only want her. Nobody else compares.

I don't know what to do. She is the one. I've never felt for someone like I did with her.

She's not coming back. I accept this. But I hate it. And that's what's causes the depression. If I stop doing things I get miserable.

What can I do?

It's because you haven't found someone else who compares YET mate.

I'm going through a similar hurdle, except i'm no longer fantasizing about my ex anymore!

I'm almost 4 months post BU and after building a connection with another girl (although it's now ended unfortunately) I have realized that I no longer miss my ex. I miss the relationship. I miss how I felt and how I was treated, how happy and content I was.

I'm also going on dates that aren't successful, it makes me come home feeling empty inside, missing that connection.

You WILL find this with somebody else, keep powering through, try enjoy your own space and company and give yourself some love, the right girl will come and you will once again get a connection that blows you away. As will I.

Positive vibes man :)

• Like 1

Maybe I missed the reason why, but could you just tell her exactly what you told us?

Not saying it will bring her back but at least you can say you tried.

If she worshiped you once, how did she just completely stop?

• Like 1
  • Author

I didn't pay her the attention she wanted, I cheated on her, I checked out other women, I put her down about herself, I wanted to see my mates and go down the pub more than spend time with her.

Trust me there is no going back. Not at least for a long time. Thing is she's gorgeous, and the guy she is with now is a fat ugly mug. He just treats her like a princess, where as I stopped doing that.

I had a lot of issues myself that I projected onto her. I mean I even stopped wanting to have sex with her. I mean wtf!? I have a stupidly high sex drive and I'd rather please myself than shagging her. It's ridiculous.

But all those issues I sorted when she left. If I still had her the last thing I'd be doing is seeing myself off!

Although she did send me a lot of naughty pics when she was in a relationship with this guy, we nearly had sex too but she got cold feet.. I guess that should be a red flag to her loyalty.

Anyway I'm rambling. I'm sure il meet someone else. I just have to deal with missing her and the relationship til then.

• Like 1

Snip

What can I do?

Stop sleeping with all these women, and get yourself sorted out on the inside.

A new car and more time in the gym changes nothing.

It's sideways motion, and what you need is forward motion.

Spend some time on your own, getting to know yourself and working out who you want to be, and what you really want from life.

Face your demons.

Get some therapy.

Change inside is what makes the difference, what moves you forward.

Take care.

Edited by Satu
  • Like 1