try harder or give up

Firstheartbreaksux

Firstheartbreaksux

As I was scrolling through my Facebook I noticed a lot of relationship quotes. Some where about fighting to get the love of your life back, some were about letting go.

These always seem to bring out feelings, I agree with both.

A couple of examples:

so let's ignore each other, pretend the other person doesn't exist. But deep down we both know it wasn't supposed to end like this.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Etc etc. Sometimes maybe I just feel like if I reach out to here in a different way, if I can just make her smile with a text or something, she might feel it again. But then I remember I have tried. Maybe I'm just not satisfied with my efforts, or the result.

There is no winner when y u argue with yourself. I will stick with NC. It's the safer bet, being set back is to much of a risk at this point. No pain no gain right ?

• Author
Firstheartbreaksux

I'm not ignoring you, I'm seeing if you'll put in the effort to talk to me.

I always thought there was something romantic about fighting for someone. About winning them back and eventual happiness. But as I sit here with stones in my chest, where hope used to lie, I have come to the realization that there's nothing lovely About having to convince someone they love you.

These right here did it for me

These are some nice quotes and I've definitely got some experience with them, I've always made sure to fight as hard as I could for the person I love, however, there comes a time where fighting isn't an option anymore, you'll know yourself what stage your at, all I can say is do what's easiest to live with yourself afterwards, I know I did just that, I rest easier than I would have if I'd not fought for her at all.

Fighting for a woman?! Give me a break. Value yourself enough to know you're amazing, and if she doesn't/can't see it, she's an idiot not worth your time.

• Like 1