Saw the ex with her new bf for first time in the flesh yesterday...

DK666

8 weeks broken up, 49 days NC..

As the title says... I actually also saw the new guy while I was in the town centre with friends, he clearly saw me too. Now that I've seen him in the flesh I don't know what to think, I'm no oil painting but this guy is clearly a downgrade so what the hell is so good about him and not me?

Anyway I saw them together as I was walking home a bit later, they were in her car as they pulled out of her sister's road and drove straight past me. Felt pretty crappy and really made me start to think of everything again, but thankfully it didn't last too long... possibly due to the fact that I got horribly drunk last night with a friend.

Woke up today feeling depressed and angry. I do still love her and miss her a lot, but despite that I'm going more and more in the direction of there being no chance of reconciliation from my point of view. The fact that I feel like that is depressing in itself given our history and what we had planned together for our future, but I know that doesn't matter now, she's made her bed and now she has to lie in it for better or worse.

Feels like I'm rambling now so I'm gonna stop.

finalendeavor

Yucky, I imagine that this would be horrific. I hope you're doing okay. At least my ex lives in a different state, so I'll never know if he's in another relationship unless I go peek at his life via social media.

Are you doing alright? There's nothing quite as soul-stinging at seeing your ex with someone new. Just the thought of my ex with a new girl is cringe-worthy.

I feel exactly as you do about reconciliation, though- the more days that pass, the more inclined I'll be to tell him to F himself if/when he tries to make a reappearance.

• Author
Yucky, I imagine that this would be horrific. I hope you're doing okay. At least my ex lives in a different state, so I'll never know if he's in another relationship unless I go peek at his life via social media.

Are you doing alright? There's nothing quite as soul-stinging at seeing your ex with someone new. Just the thought of my ex with a new girl is cringe-worthy.

I feel exactly as you do about reconciliation, though- the more days that pass, the more inclined I'll be to tell him to F himself if/when he tries to make a reappearance.

Thanks finalendeavor for asking, it was ****ing horrible to tell the truth. Strangely though today I've felt better, I think maybe because of the fact that I'm angry as hell about the situation and am focused on that, but maybe because I've seen the guy now in person and am already aware of what he is like as a person. I'm no oil painting and this may sound immature, but I know now that she has definitely downgraded, which in my mind makes her an idiot and makes me think that maybe I've dodged a bullet.

I was also convinced before all this that it was GIGS, now I'm even more convinced and for some strange reason that gives me comfort too, though I can't explain why at the moment.

Having trouble putting down my thoughts at the moment, I had to rewrite these paragraphs 4 or 5 times.

• Author

Saw her again with him today as myself and friend drove past her old place, he still looks rough as anything and interestingly it looks like she's put on a load of weight.

Hurt to see them at first, but when I saw her closer up and she looked like she was carrying much more of a spare tire than she used to... well, gotta take the small victories when they pop up.

• Like 3
Unlucky_I_Guess

I feel for you... I went to the store the other day and as I walked out there they were. It was not a good moment but I just kept walking and acted like I didn't even see them. It hurts but it does fade. Give it time.

• Like 1