~ Dream Thread ~

RogerWallace111

RogerWallace111

Share, vent; all things dream related.

I try to outline my more interesting dreams on paper but I don't feel like doing that for each relatively monotonous dream of my ex. It's been a little over two months and she still pops up more nights than not. Usually in these dreams some level of reconciliation has taken place, but something typically feels off. I often find myself back in the city we were living in. This morning I dreamt that we were "friends" of some kind but I kissed her and she willingly kissed me and we made some plan that we'd start sleeping next to each other again and see where things went. I woke up before this played out. Two or three nights ago I dreamt that we were together but I was bothered that she didn't seem quite thrilled to be with me. Somewhat distant, in contrast to her adoring me through 98% of our relationship. This brought me serious sadness. I sat with her on a bluff over the ocean and felt her body as if to establish some final memory of it. Holding her side above her waist felt nearly as it actually does. But my touches didn't elicit the response they would have in real life and she was relatively indifferent.

• Like 1
  • Author
RogerWallace111

Another recent, notable, weird one-

I run into her, she acts kind of distant, but agrees to take a walk with me. We walk around for a while, and at some point I find that she's in my arms, wrapped in a blanket. She fits easily in my arms, like a child, and I keep retucking the blanket around her to make sure she's warm. As we head back to where we'd initially crossed paths I tell her that I'm going to come back for her someday. I brag about how successful I've been and tell her I'm on my way to being very wealthy. She says something to the effect of "ok, come get me when you've achieved everything you need to achieve".

Share, vent; all things dream related.

I try to outline my more interesting dreams on paper but I don't feel like doing that for each relatively monotonous dream of my ex. It's been a little over two months and she still pops up more nights than not. Usually in these dreams some level of reconciliation has taken place, but something typically feels off. I often find myself back in the city we were living in. This morning I dreamt that we were "friends" of some kind but I kissed her and she willingly kissed me and we made some plan that we'd start sleeping next to each other again and see where things went. I woke up before this played out. Two or three nights ago I dreamt that we were together but I was bothered that she didn't seem quite thrilled to be with me. Somewhat distant, in contrast to her adoring me through 98% of our relationship. This brought me serious sadness. I sat with her on a bluff over the ocean and felt her body as if to establish some final memory of it. Holding her side above her waist felt nearly as it actually does. But my touches didn't elicit the response they would have in real life and she was relatively indifferent.

The latest most vivid dream i've had of my ex came about 2 months ago.

So anyway, me, my ex, and her sister were in inside her car while she was driving (somewhere). I was sitting in the front seat with my ex, and her sister was in the back playing a game on her iPhone. Me and my ex were having a heated argument through out the entire ride, then all of a sudden, it gets really foggy out of nowhere.

The fog is so thick that we literally couldn't see anything in front of us, not even her headlights could break through the fog. We soon realized that we were on a bridge. Little did we know something hit us really hard (probably another car) and it spun the car out of control. The car then smashed through the barricade on the side of the bridge, the car fell over and fell 40 feet in the river. The car was completely submerged under water so my ex had to act quickly.

She quickly got her sister from the back seat and escaped the car. I didn't know how to swim, so I was hoping she could a least grab my hand and help me out the car. Instead, she took her sister, closed her side door, locked all 4 doors and she swam away leaving me to drown.

Then I woke up with my heart racing, sweat emanating from my pours, and tears filling up my eyes.

• Like 1
seasickpeeve

Who was driving the car?

My old supervisor who was a psychotherapist/dream analyst always said that water was a big deal in dreams because it represents our emotions and it's your mind giving you images about your emotional state. If you believe that kinda thing....

• Like 1
Who was driving the car?

My old supervisor who was a psychotherapist/dream analyst always said that water was a big deal in dreams because it represents our emotions and it's your mind giving you images about your emotional state. If you believe that kinda thing....

She was driving the car. What does water mean exactly?

seasickpeeve

She was driving the car.....she had control.

Water is just the symbolic vision of your emotional state at the time. So you were actually submerged pretty deeply in your emotions and worried you would drown....your emotions are overwhelming and there is a fear of them taking over. She managed to swim.

Thats one way of looking at it, is all.

I have dreamt of my ex every night since the split. Usually I'm with him and he's taking to friends but nobody seems to be talking to me! I don't remember much of dreams, I just wake up knowing he's been in there.

I had a dream about my ex a few days ago, she was laying next to me and we were holding hands. She was saying something but I don't know what it was, but it felt so right and I felt warm inside. It was a very nice, warm loving feeling.

Then I woke up to the reality that she is no longer with me and ****ing a much younger, better looking guy right now. I went from a nice, warm loving feeling to a feeling of emptiness and being alone.

I look forward to the day she's out of my head and life.

You ever had a dream that you can't remember but for some reason you wake up sad anyway? It's funny how I can't remember the dream at all, I just know that my ex was in it and something about it made me feel inadequate.

She was driving the car.....she had control.

Water is just the symbolic vision of your emotional state at the time. So you were actually submerged pretty deeply in your emotions and worried you would drown....your emotions are overwhelming and there is a fear of them taking over. She managed to swim.

Thats one way of looking at it, is all.

I have dreamt of my ex every night since the split. Usually I'm with him and he's taking to friends but nobody seems to be talking to me! I don't remember much of dreams, I just wake up knowing he's been in there.

That makes a lot of sense seasickpeeve. At the time my emotions were all over the place, I just couldn't get a grasp on life.

HandsomeBoh

She left me two weeks before my birthday. On my birthday, I dreamt I got up from my bed in tears, read my motivational message to myself and forced out a smile in the mirror. Walked into my living room and there she stood holding a massive cake, I was stunned and just screamed, "I thought you left me!!" And she said, "Well that was a wake up call, I hope you've learnt your lesson. You need to stop being negative and start embracing positivity." I hugged her and screamed, "I'll never forget!!!"

And that's when I woke up. For real this time. Read my motivational message. Went to my living room. No one was there. I spent my birthday watching Friends.

I'm not sure if mine was a dream or not, it felt like a 10 second random vision rather than a dream, like my mind was playing tricks on me when I was trying to get back to sleep, almost as if my mind was mid-way between falling back into deep sleep and still being somewhat aware that I was awake. I imagined my ex texting me, her name came up on my phone and then I woke up and realized nah, she wouldn't have texted me, it was just a dream, then went back to sleep, didn't even bother to check because I knew she wouldn't have texted me.

Edited by Xiomn