My friend is slowly getting hateful toward me..what do i do?

beautifuldisaster027

beautifuldisaster027

My friend and I became best friends when I started working at the same place she started 2 weeks earlier. She was my first friend I made from there. We talked every day, sat with each other at break, we laughed and joked around and hung out a few times outside of work..like good friends do. It was like this for 2 months. I call in one day due to being sick. The next day I come back, she's already talking to someone else, laughing and joking with them and hanging out about every day. They spend more time together then what her and I did. Of course I cant whenever I want because I have kids to take care if. But this new friend she has doesn't have any kids and my friend is more of a laid back party person. It bothered me at first when I saw that she kind of replaced me so I sat in another area on break. I told her it made me feel uncomfortable and how I feel like I've been replaced. She said she didn't replace me but I know deep down she did. Her actions show it. We still talk and everything. But we never call or text or hangout anymore. Never sit with each other on break..nothing. Her friend she "replaced" me with quit work a month ago and she still doesn't talk to me much after she quit. Its almost like we were just becoming acquainted. Thats how its been since her friend quit. But she found out that a guy she talked to every day before work wanted my number. A mutual friend was in her car with us when shift was over cause she takes us home on her way home. But I had asked how old the guy was who wanted my number. Our mutual friend said..in his early thirties. Then my friend who replaced me goes.."why? You got a thing for him?" And our mutual friend jumps in and she goes .."no. Hes got a thing for her." I stayed quiet because my "friend" had some sort of ticked off look on her face. I didn't say a word to her until the weekend. That weekend I texted her and asked her how she was. She replied. Then in a separate text, she asks "so are you going after this guy?"(not giving names) and we talked about it and she seemed cool with it. But the first time I saw her at work, she seemed to be in a bad mood. Our mutual friend had mentioned how she saw a car parked with a police truck behind them and eventually I told her that I didn't know it was a police truck at first. Then the mutual friend goes"how could you not tell? It does say police on the side" and I go" I was right in front if the car and truck, dips***! I didn't know it was a cop until he got out of his truck" And the mutual friend knew I didn't mean it when I called her that name. We call each other names all the time and we both know its not meant. But apparently my friend took it the wrong way. She said "man..if you ever talk to me like that, ill put you in a corner and deck your ass!" That caught me WAY off guard because she has never talked to me like that. It bothered me for the rest of the day but I never told her that I didn't mean what I called the mutual friend. My friend knows we talk to each other like that because she's around us alot of the time. But I dont get it. I feel like I have to walk on egg shells with her anymore. If I say one thing wrong, she wants to punch me. I just dont understand. We got along so well but now its like I dont even know what happened between us. What should I do?

You seem to have this mentality that people can only be friends with one person at a time. You think she replaced you in one day which is ridiculous. From her perspective when you didn't sit with her & the other women the day after you got back from being sick she most likely thought you no longer wanted to be her friend.

Friendships are fluid but I don't see anything hateful about her behavior.