so tempted......

down hearted

down hearted

my relationship ended so badly and i walked after 9 years and he stayed with every single thing i owned, i did not care either i honestly just wanted out, the headache was not worth it, the abuse, and heartache was not worth it. After i pretty much was left with nothing, it took me a while but now i am starting to feel slowly okay again little by little we have not spoken in over 10 months now no contact on either side. He stayed with all my belongings including my car that i paid for which he refused to give back to me and kept it as well, i stayed without a car struggled to move around and finally i have a newcar i am doing good, i left medical school for him (stupid i know), i got reaccepted into the program and i am completing my first semester and i am just feeling for the first time in a while a little bit better, and i wish he knew im doing good.

I feel like emailing him a pic of my new car and group class pic and tell him "how grateful i am to him, because regardless of all the horrible things he did to me i wouldn't be where i am today if i hadn't gone through all of that torture".

but i know its not a good can of worms to open because i know sometimes we try to do things to feel better and end up feeling worse and going back a thousand steps of healing thrown into the trash. I am obviously still not over it and if he sends me something in return like him and someone else or something in a pic like revenge that would crush me so i know somethings are best left unsaid and i have been doing great by NC and disappearing completely. No FB no social media except IG but that's pretty impossible to find and its in private.

I should be happy that i am slowly surviving and living and doing good in my life but i wish he knew so badly that i am good w/out him and that i do not need him and never have, because he probably thinks i am dying in a corner miserable and that is not the case i picked myself up wiped off my tears and did something about my life instead of feeling sorry for myself, i am stronger and i just wish him and his family knew about how great i am doing. I just truly feel everything does truly happen for a reason.

idk, any advice? I just hate him so much for everything he did that i just wish he knew i am following my dreams and slowly succeeding little by little. Have you ever felt like that?

Edited by down hearted

As long as you really feel that you are doing good in life, that is alone very self motivating. Best of luck.

loveiswar101

Only one piece of advise....KEEP IT GOING....it's sounds like your doing awesome.

Post like me think there is a reason why I broke up, if only for me to prove her wrong and move on to do the things I say I want to do and not hold back.

You make me fell inspired....thank you.

Why would you wanna throw that in someone's face? Just because it didn't work out maybe he was bad to you doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings too.. He could be hurting and I think that's just wrong

If you have title to the car -- you can get another copy from DMV if you don't have the original -- you can file a legal action for replevin to have it returned to you

It really doesnt matter whether he thinks you are now a billionaire who bathes in imported Eygptian goats milk every morning or that you are in the foetal position in some dingy corner, crying Justin Timberlake type rivers over him. What he thinks of you is neither here nor there.

If you send him anything, sorry to say but you will just end up looking kinda pathetic. Being the jerk that he is, he is probably not even thinking about you 10 months later and if you pop up with an attempt to rub things in his face all it will do is show him that you still think he matters and you want him to validate you and your achievements.

It takes a long time to get over heartache, especially of the abusive variety (it took me a good three years) but you just have to be proud of the fact that despite everything that happened you managed to pick yourself up and continue to work hard and make progress. You validate yourself, not other people. So pat yourself on the back and keep it moving.

• Like 1

Is there anyone in your past that was more into you then you were into them? Imagine if they popped into your life today and told you how great they were doing. Would it change the fact you can barely remember their name?

Don't do it.