Can't get over her

Akashsingh

Akashsingh

Separated from my wife in 2013 after 8 years of marriage. Divorced early this year in 2015. Early on in separation I did not miss her but now I miss her everyday of my life. Today I started the best job of my life but I have nothing but sadness in my heart. She is the person I remember the most. I truly miss her.

Our breakup was violent, she called police on me and then we never spoke or met after that, except early this year which ended in another argument.

How can I let her know how much I miss her.

loveiswar101

I say you don't miss her so much now but the companionship. That's what it was for me after my 10 year marriage ended. Now here after a 2.5 year relationship has just finished.

We are all only human but at end of day when been with someone for as long as you had been you feel lost as they were not just your partner in life but best friend, shoulder to cry on, person to bounce things off, everything really.

Time will heal (took me 18 mths to get over my marriage), keep yourself busy, socialize, exercise, eat healthy. Look after you.

As for letting her know ? Tricky one as you say it all ended violently and last time you had an argument. This is what she will remember and only time will ease this with her.

Letting her know you miss will achieve nothing, if she thinks there's a chance she will contact you, but be honest don't hold your breath.

Personally give yourself more time to heal and her more time (6 months. end of year) to forget the bad, then if you still feel you want to try again give her a call. But don't hold out hope, move on now and as many tell me learn from the experience.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Was their fighting during the marriage ?

The thought is if the answer is yes, then perhaps you miss the push / pull that arguing can produce . Just a stab in the dark

How can I let her know how much I miss her.

You can

Write a letter (the old fashioned way, with a stamp)

Text

Call

Email

Send her flowers with a note

Have a friend relay the message

Send a message tied to the leg of a homing pigeon

Build a fire and send smoke signals

Show up unannounced at her door and tell her face to face

But I think you asked the wrong question. A better question would be "Should I let her know I miss her"

The answer to that would be NO.

She's done with you. She doesn't care what you think and how you feel.

Just leave her alone.

Cupid's Puppet

It's okay to still love her. Don't try to fight your emotions. But what you cannot do is contact her when she doesn't want you to. I know that feeling when life is going good but you still wish you had that special someone to share all of it with. Maybe you are going through the same thing. Maybe you miss the aspect of having someone to share your joys with. Well, these feelings will pass. I know that is cliche, but it will just be one long rollercoaster ride until you find something or someone else to fill that void.