feeling like crap

My head just really hurts right now. It's been about 3 months sinceI got dumped by my first boyfriend and it's just hitting me hard yet again. I feel so worthless and so unloved. Like honestly this is just more than its cut out to be right now. I'm so tired of feeling depressed over someone who really could give less of a **** about me. I feel awful. I don't know how to cope at all. I'm stuck in a house with my parents. I don't have any friends I can talk to because I am currently out of state. And quite frankly. I think they're also tired of me pining over my ex. My heart keeps sinking every time I am reminded of him. He took the whole breaking up thing too well. He didn't seem to show any remorse or sympathy and kept to himself. I on the other hand was an absolute mess. I'm so tired of feeling this way. Like honestly sick and tired. I just want to go to sleep but honestly if I sleep I'm gonna dream of him and wake up sad again. I really just don't know what to do. I'm so scared of seeing him when school starts again. I feel like if I saw him now I would breakdown and cry uncontrollably. My head hurts.

moonlightpath

How old are you? When one of my ex's dumped me a couple years ago I took it really hard. I had no friends at all. He was all I had. Of course I had my family, but its not the same. My parents (mostly my dad) are those people who think breakups aren't a big deal. Once I was crying when an ex dumped me. My dad's response was, "Who cares? You're crazy to be crying over something stupid like that." Jerk lol.

I didn't have a good support system at all. But I found that getting out of my house made me feel better. During the week I would go out and drive around the city, head to the mall or any stores I liked, treated myself to Starbucks, I talked to a lot of random people online. Thats how I kept myself busy. When I would get home I would go back to feeling hopeless. But then I just opened my laptop and distracted myself with whatever I could. This sounds silly but I would answer questions on Yahoo Answers. It gave me something to do.

• Author

I am 19. My dad responded the same exact way. He's really confused why I am upset. he got extremely frustrated with me when he found me in my room alone or me trying to talk to my friends about the break up when we were actually in state.

He just got me a psychologist who... Doesn't really do anything? He listens and takes notes. But never really gives me advice on how to cope or how to deal with this break up.

I think I'm going to get a new therapist as soon as I get back to my home.

• Author

I used to go on Y! A. But I just.. don't think yahoo answers will really help right now. I'm so caught up into this that every time I try to do somethingI revert back to being sad.

I'm also at the 3 month mark , if you think about it , it's not that long at all so don't be so hard on yourself .. It hurts because it mattered , it hurts because it had promise .. Them feelings just don't go away in a few months .. I think the 3 month mark is a tricky one , so hang in there this I can promise that it will get better with time

moonlightpath

I totally know how you feel. If my dad saw me in my room crying he would act like he was mad at me! I remember after he told me I was crazy for crying he made me go to my sister's house and help her move boxes to her new house. It was so embarrassing. So many of my cousins and aunts were there. Everyone could tell I wanted to cry but I tried my best to hold it in. I don't know why parents have to be so harsh and inconsiderate sometimes.

You should really find something to keep you busy. Can you go out somewhere? When I was going through that breakup shopping a little bit helped me. It made me feel better even though I was alone the whole time.

• Author

I can go somewhere. But it'll be with my parents. Not that my parents are terrible 24/7 or aanything I just don't want to go with them..

Like my dad just offered if we would want to go walk on the beach but honestly the beach is extremely boring and i just kind of would just rather stay inside than drive 50 minutes to go see some sand and water .

• Author

I don't really know how to post on this forum Aries _ 10. But thanks. I know it'll get better but I'm just kind of caught up in "I should be over this" kind of feeling. Especially if my ex is already over me.

moonlightpath

Are you parents strict? Mine always have been. After my breakup I would often lie to them and tell them I had class when I really didn't. If I didn't lie I would not have been able to go out myself.

Do you think you could go somewhere on your own? Sometimes you just need your own time alone.

I don't really know how to post on this forum Aries _ 10. But thanks. I know it'll get better but I'm just kind of caught up in "I should be over this" kind of feeling. Especially if my ex is already over me.
totally normal not to be over it or moving on, give yourself time feel the pain embrace it for a few .. Time is your best friend

It'll get easier,

Things dull...eventually,

Maybe it might not completely go away any time soon,

Time really does wash it down,

Believe me when i say if i can let go (in most ways...if not all...)

U can let go.

I'm not sure to be giving u any solid helpful advice,

What helped me the most was sleeping it off,

I dreamt about him alot,

And it ruined my day,

But it wasn't an always kind of thing....

Shopping...!

That was my ultimate antidepressant.

When i looked amazing,

I felt amazing.

Even though my insides were tearing up,

And the tears welling up every few hours.

people who look at me couldnt even imagine how badly i was falling to pieces,

But i kept up the charade,

And slowly, painfully...

Things didnt feel like they were paused anymore without him...

DOING things,

Moving forward...with stuff...

Helped.

Sitting and wallowing is the worst thing a dumpee can do.

It's like a coma,

U throw away that time.

When you could've kept busy.

Edited by Reiben17