Feeling down..

solong123

I guess I am writing to vent and get it out..I have been single for close to a year now. While my last relationship did need to end, I guess I have just been lost ever since. Plans to move in together to a new place and just other plans in general we had when I was to complete college.. When it fell through I feel like that is when I began to feel lost. Everything I thought I knew was gone and I had to adjust. I really feel I have done a good job working on myself and finding what I like and dont. I truly enjoy my singlehood right now as I used to rely on my ex alot. It is nice to be independent. I have great family and friends dont get me wrong but sometimes I just really miss that connection, and not trying to be dramatic but I feel sometimes that I will never find it again...like it is completely possible it may never happen and it makes me sad. It used to just be a feeling every now and then but lately it just feels overwhelming. I really am just trying to be happy with being alone but sometimes it just really sucks. I dont think Im a horrible person, I think I have just chosen people who are not compatible thinking they would change..so I feel I missed my chance while I was too busy with these other failed relationships. Im sorry if I am coming off dramatic. Im not sure if Im depressed or what but it feels good to get it out here instead of having to express it in person to someone I know..I just really feel lost and it makes me question what my purpose even is.

pidgeon1010
I guess I am writing to vent and get it out..I have been single for close to a year now. While my last relationship did need to end, I guess I have just been lost ever since. Plans to move in together to a new place and just other plans in general we had when I was to complete college.. When it fell through I feel like that is when I began to feel lost. Everything I thought I knew was gone and I had to adjust. I really feel I have done a good job working on myself and finding what I like and dont. I truly enjoy my singlehood right now as I used to rely on my ex alot. It is nice to be independent. I have great family and friends dont get me wrong but sometimes I just really miss that connection, and not trying to be dramatic but I feel sometimes that I will never find it again...like it is completely possible it may never happen and it makes me sad. It used to just be a feeling every now and then but lately it just feels overwhelming. I really am just trying to be happy with being alone but sometimes it just really sucks. I dont think Im a horrible person, I think I have just chosen people who are not compatible thinking they would change..so I feel I missed my chance while I was too busy with these other failed relationships. Im sorry if I am coming off dramatic. Im not sure if Im depressed or what but it feels good to get it out here instead of having to express it in person to someone I know..I just really feel lost and it makes me question what my purpose even is.

Sorry you are feeling down. Yes, it always good to get it out. You just have to keep moving forward and be hopeful. I had been single for three years before meeting my most recent ex. We had talked about moving in together, taking a summer vacation, etc. a week before he ended things. I am in my early 30s and sometimes, it feels like I am never going to meet someone. It's even harder because it seems like all my friends are meeting the right people and getting married! (2-3 weddings each year, in the last couple of years). However, I am moving on and hoping for the best. You can't give up on yourself. T'is life. You have to dust yourself off and make a conscious effort to soldier on. It may also be helpful to speak to a professional. Best wishes!