Why does if affect my self esteem?

dingaling

Hi:) I just feel the need to get this heard.

I was involved for 2 years on and off with a man who was extremely unreliable, it upset me initially but then I was just able to get what I wanted from it and it didn't bother me until the last time when I finished it for good over 3 months ago and haven't looked back. He is someone with a lot of issues/baggage. Today he appeared in my Facebook 'people you may know' (which makes me feel like Facebook are Big Brother) so I clicked on his picture. Stupid I know. However I discovered he's now engaged. It makes me wonder if this woman has been around all along which would make him unreliable. Mostly though, it's made me feel rejected, this reminds me of why I'm happier single so I don't have to feel this. It's not that I'm rejected by him, just rejected. I have felt this before and it's a feeling I hate. I suppose it's raising old feelings, ones I felt when I was married to a man with psychopathic traits and tendencies.

Really don't think I'm making much sense but writing it down is cathartic:)

My advice is to let it go. You may be overthinking all of this. You can't control what other do or might have done. If he did see her then that is a bad reflection on him, not you.

Do you enjoy reading? I would suggest Don Miguel Ruiz's " The Four Agreements". Also Eckhart Tolle. Live in the present, not in the past.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

Change your thinking here. You should be thinking "thank goodness she get's to deal with his BS now and I don't"..

No one likes rejection but we learn it's NOT that important either. People would never meet or date if they couldn't cope with rejection. It's simply a part of life. Relationships don't work a lot of the time and someone gets rejected.

I don't think this new information would be bothering you if you had some new person in your life that rocked your world. Don't expend too much energy on thinking about something from your past.

• Like 2