My ex made a new Face book account to check on me......?

Mizz Layta

Its been 8 months since we spoke. He met someone else in his town so I told him that it was painful for me watching him dating someone else. Thats why I decided to go NC.

We live 4 hours apart and have no mutual friends. I changed my cell phone number for unrelated reasons. He doesn't have my new number

However, he permanently deleted his Face Book account a while back when we were still involved. We kept in touch by phone.

Yesterday I accepted a request from someone else on Face book. Then I saw a profile with the same nick name that he used on his old Face book ,at the "suggested friends". At first I thought it could be someone else using the same name.

I decided to click on it out of curiosity. The profile had only one pic of beach as a profile pic...........it only had 2 people as friends and the girls live in his city. Its obvious that the account was just made not too long ago. Also one of the girls on is list would always write on his old face book wall. They are friends

However,today the profile is gone again. I am sure its my ex. I am assuming that he was curious about me and decided to make a new Face book to check on me? I have to admit that I broke down on him and cried when he told me that he seeing someone else that he really likes. That`s when I told him that we should go separate ways. I am assuming he is still with the same girl since he didn't contact me.

Is it normal for exes to get curious enough to go through that trouble of creating a new Face book? Thoughts.........?

changeofseasons

I'd say its common, but damn that boy is not that good at being incognito lol unless he wanted you to figure out it was him

Don't lose sleep over it, honestly i'd be a bit creeped out.

• Like 2
  • Author

I have to admit that I had an urge to reach out to him a month ago but I decided against it. I am not sure if he still with the same girl and what I don't know wont hurt

• Like 1

I just hope exes do check our FB accounts often, even if they are not added. It would just show off how great my life without her seems at the moment.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I am guilty of this (yes, I hang my head in shame). To be honest with you, it had been so long since we had been in contact... Both of us had moved, I didn't know his number, email any of that. I had had a bad dream in which he had passed away and for some reason my not knowing how he was was nagging at me.

So I created a fake profile (I really don't use FB anyway). I found him on there, saw that he had posted recently, took a sigh of relief and then deleted the account.

I didn't message him, I didn't pour over his account, it really was a piece of mind/curiosity thing.

Not to say this is what HE's doing. But sometimes I think gentle peeking in on you could be innocent.

Now if this happens often, BLOCK EVERY REQUEST haha

• Like 1