Counterproductive, but NC works!

Hey guys,

I'm sure a few of you know my story so needless to post it here.

I'm coming up to 2 months post BU and 1 month strict NC.

I'm here to say that STRICT NC really does work and really does help you detach from your ex. This is what happened today:

I was on lunchbreak at work and my friend was on his Facebook, I was sitting next to him. As he scrolls down my ex appears on his feed with a few new pictures. I was weak and gave in and decided to have a look, I genuinely wanted to test myself as I haven't seen anything of her in a month.

I did not feel sad, I did not feel angry, I did not feel empty, I didn't even care! I wasn't that attracted to her!

Yes, I broke NC, it wasn't necessary and wasn't wise but it happens, i'm just so glad that I felt this way and things are finally moving forward.

In all honesty, breaking NC today just reinforced to me how much strict NC works from detaching yourself from your ex, it really does speed up the process to indifference. I'm not there yet, still have my bad days and think about her, but I miss more the relationship and companionship rather than her as a person.

Breaking NC today also proved to me that I genuinely don't need to check up on her again, it's not worth the risk, I didn't need to find out what she's doing because she's not with me anymore!

I know I may get some $hit from people here about breaking NC, I do not think it was wise, but something really did hit me from doing so, I feel happy!

It DOES get easier guys, NC is hard but as time goes by you really do feel better, stick at it! (unlike me...) When you're weak remind yourself that checking up on them will only hurt you more. I'm lucky that in my case it didn't but I genuinely believe that it's because i'm slowly moving on. If I wouldn't have blocked & deleted her a month ago, still checking up on her here and there, I would be in pieces still.

Good days!

Edited by Yummm
  • Like 1