Why does it hurt years after a relationship ends?

sportygirl89

sportygirl89

2 years marks since he broke up with me. I would consider this my first true love. We dated for 5-6 months. He gave me hell for saying I was falling for him for such short months. Yesterday a mutual friend told me that he is getting engaged. This girl and him have only been dating for four months. When after making me feel bad for having feelings for him at 5-6 months. Men are such cowards. I almost think he got her pregnant. He isn't religious and he was always the manwhore type (yeah I know he's the type I never saw coming). I know we are never getting back together just sort of stings a bit.

2 years marks since he broke up with me. I would consider this my first true love. We dated for 5-6 months. He gave me hell for saying I was falling for him for such short months. Yesterday a mutual friend told me that he is getting engaged. This girl and him have only been dating for four months. When after making me feel bad for having feelings for him at 5-6 months. Men are such cowards. I almost think he got her pregnant. He isn't religious and he was always the manwhore type (yeah I know he's the type I never saw coming). I know we are never getting back together just sort of stings a bit.

After several months you have to make an attempt to get back out there and see that he wasn't the only guy in the world. Judging by the amount of time you spend with this guy and how poorly he treated you, it seems like you haven't dated much since your break-up or much in your life for that matter. Take time everyday to deal with the pain, but don't be stagnant.

I think it's because you always idealize your first love.

It took me 6 years to completely move on from my first love.

Not for any lack of trying, I dated many people in those years. But for some reason we always found our way back to each other, even if it was as stupid as chatting through FB messenger.

It took 6 years before I felt for someone else, what I felt for my first love.

It eventually does go away. And in my case, BOTH of my ex's are engaged right now, and one is expecting a baby. (I'm still single :lmao:)

I think it's because you always idealize your first love.

It took me 6 years to completely move on from my first love.

Not for any lack of trying, I dated many people in those years. But for some reason we always found our way back to each other, even if it was as stupid as chatting through FB messenger.

It took 6 years before I felt for someone else, what I felt for my first love.

It eventually does go away. And in my case, BOTH of my ex's are engaged right now, and one is expecting a baby. (I'm still single :lmao:)

Sounds like you and your first love were on and off for a while. Maybe that's why it took you so long?

Sounds like you and your first love were on and off for a while. Maybe that's why it took you so long?

Yeah we were officially bf/gf for a year, and the next three years were on/off FWB situation.