Am I Looking for Closure?

DinnerForOne

DinnerForOne

It's been 8 weeks to the day since my husband of 10 years decided that he wants a divorce. 8 painful weeks.

I suspect that he has been having an affair or is having an affair. He moved out a month ago. Without discussion, he just did it.

We had some things to discuss yesterday so I called him and I did the unthinkable.................... I asked him if there has been infidelity........ he did not say no and he did not say yes. And then I said something so STUPID. I said that if there has been infidelity, there is no way I would take him back. His answer was, "who says I want to come back?"

It was like a knife through my heart. I should not have engaged in a conversation regarding our relationship over the phone. But you see, I never see him and don't even know where he's living. We have not talked about our marriage since 03rd May.

I just want to know if there has been infidelity. I have some life choices to make and for some reason I'm still clinging on to hope that we will reconcile. BUT I won't reconcile if there has been infidelity.

I'm so confused, so hurt, I honestly don't know what to do. I'm lost. I need closure one way or the other. My patience is waning and I just want to know NOW!

• Like 1

Obviously you won't know for sure unless he tells you but if you want opinions... Yes. I believe there is (or was) someone else. Unfortunately if there is he definitly won't admit it now as he's already done the "hard" part and left. He won't be bothered with confessing now because he's over your relationship.

Try to pick yourself up and put a new life together for youself. The longer you take to get going on that the worse you'll feel about yourself. Respect yourself and don't ask him any more questions. Since he didn't respect you YOU need to be the one to do that.

I'm sincerely sorry for your "loss"...I hope you can come to see it as a blessing soon. Come here and talk when you need to rather then talk to him [[hugs]]

• Like 1
  • Author
DinnerForOne

I think the simple fact that he has not denied it, nor admitted it means there is an affair or "friendship". The warning signs have been glaring at me and it's time to face facts. Time to move on.