Taking my life back

It's been about 4 1/2 months since he blindsided me. I reached a major milestone this morning. I was finally able to take down all the pics of us on FB, get rid of all the pics on my phone, and delete old texts and emails. I've tried to do this several times since the breakup but would have a complete meltdown every time I saw the pics or read his name. Today I did it. There were tears but no breakdown. I'm proud of myself!

I haven't moved on. I still love him. But the pain is less physical than before and I'm finally starting to function more normally. I'm looking towards my future. I've focused a lot on my spirituality and forming a closer relationship with God. I have an entire summer packed with concerts and things to do with friends and family. Next spring I've decided to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail. I need this. I need to do these things. I wasted 5 years on a life and a future that no longer exists. I planned a life around a man who no longer wants me. I won't make that mistake again.

So I haven't moved on yet. But I'm trying to. And it feels good to be alive again. I'm taking care of my mind and body and I'm scratching off items on my bucket list. So here's my advice. You don't know what's in your future so you have to start living now. Don't plan your life around another person because that person may be gone tomorrow. Do the things you never thought you could! Scratch off some items on that bucket list. You owe it to yourself to take care of your own wellbeing and it will feel so good to accomplish something for yourself and nobody else.

• Like 1

Good for you, I also planned my life around my ex gf and now I am starting over .. Keep your head up

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Eighty_nine
I have an entire summer packed with concerts and things to do with friends and family. Next spring I've decided to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail. I need this. I need to do these things. I wasted 5 years on a life and a future that no longer exists. I planned a life around a man who no longer wants me. I won't make that mistake again.

So I haven't moved on yet. But I'm trying to. And it feels good to be alive again. I'm taking care of my mind and body and I'm scratching off items on my bucket list.

this is all wonderful- good for you! be brave and do these things, they'll help you heal.

• Like 1