There was another girl all along.

I posted on the other section crying about him suddenly breaking things off and how it doesn't make sense. Many of you insisted there was a girl. I insisted that honesty was big for us and that I trusted him when he said he was going to be single for a while.

Well, you were right. And looking back now, my intuition was right. I convinced myself I was being paranoid, overly possessive and sensitive, but it was my good intuition trying to knock me over the head all along.

And you know what? I'm okay. More than okay, I have closure now, and I feel free. This whole time, our big thing about communication and honesty--we even specifically said we'd tell each other if we fell for someone else--were all just a bunch of pretty, meaningless words to him. The truth is that I didn't know the person I thought I knew, the truth is he's a big coward.

For me. For the rest of you in this kind of situation. Remember the good times. You had them. I had them. And don't regret, for even in crappy situations like this, experiences happen and lessons are learned, good and bad. Be honest with yourself that while there are good qualities and memories, the kind of person they truly are, we deserve so much more than what people like that can give.

• Like 9

Hot damn, girl. That is some good advice and exactly what I need to hear tonight to further boost my already elevated mood. True that.

It was good (and very bad too) while it lasted, so lesson learned and time to meet a good person with good character.

Good karmic vibes to those who have been burned by those not worthy of our love.

• Like 1
Methodical

You dodged a bullet and have a healthy grasp on reality. Good for you acknowledging the good and bad and rather than dwelling on the negative, you're moving on.

• Like 2
minimariah

:)

it's okay.

he isn't your problem anymore. focus on you, your future and moving forward. i know i commented on your thread about you starting school & let me congratulate on that AGAIN! CONGRATS!!! :D be excited for that!

wishing you the best, just keep looking forward. :)

• Like 1
  • Author
Hot damn, girl. That is some good advice and exactly what I need to hear tonight to further boost my already elevated mood. True that.

It was good (and very bad too) while it lasted, so lesson learned and time to meet a good person with good character.

Good karmic vibes to those who have been burned by those not worthy of our love.

I'm glad I could help, even if just a little. :) A lot of are in the same boat of trying to cope and move on, so I'm trying to throw around some positive vibes.

I'm glad I could help, even if just a little. :) A lot of are in the same boat of trying to cope and move on, so I'm trying to throw around some positive vibes.

It definitely helped, Ashurii. You're right that we should cherish the good moments but recognize the bad qualities which prove that they are no good for us and we must move on accordingly because we do deserve better.

For going thru such a tough situation, you have a great mindset and I'm sure you'll find a guy who won't betray you like this. Stay strong.

Having experienced this type of breakup myself, I know first-hand how painful it can be and I applaud your positive attitude!

However there are peaks and valleys in recovery -- and we're here for you during the valleys as well. :)

Here's a guide that will help you: http://www.breakuprecoveryguide.com

Wow thank you for your kind words and motivation. I'm sorry to hear about what you have been through but I agree there really is no better closure than a ex moving on with another person. When I saw my ex in pictures with a girl he used to be with before we started dating it was also a very big game changer for me. He said he'll never be with her again... said it's never happening and that she's hurt him too much for him to ever go back... well well well things changed rather quickly after we broke up. I also had to realize he was not the person I thought he was just like you had to.

It sucks to have to find that out but you know at the end it's for the best. The biggest motivation is to also move on the same way as they did. I hope you're still doing well and if you ever feel sad please read what you wrote to us because it's amazing.