A Tale of Unrequited Love

lakerman34

lakerman34

So, all year I've been working in a 5th grade classroom with a gorgeous woman, my age. She was dating a guy for 4 years and broke up with him in January.

After that, she started to flirt with me. It started off playful. One evening, staff decided to go out for drinks. It was all fun until all the older staff left and it was just younger staff. Conversation got....weird. She was flirting with me HARD (both of us drunk), and then trying to sort of talk herself up to me. She then left. One of her friends asked what I thought of her. I said, "she's really attractive, and if we aren't working together after this year, I'd consider asking her out for dinner." She went around and told my co-teacher that I liked her.

Awkwardness ensued.

Then the playful flirting started up again. Then, my co-teacher started hitting up Tinder. She started hooking up with her "best friend" in the school (who, ironically, was also really close with her ex).

Now, she's seriously dating a guy she met on Tinder. A news reporter. Good looking guy.

We don't work in the same classroom anymore, I was moved to 4th grade. She doesn't say 'hi' to me in the hallway and doesn't even look at me. I feel INCREDIBLY disrespected. I text her about this saying "we used to be so tight. We haven't been lately, did I offend you? Let me know."

She never responds.

I start to straight up ignore her. Other staff see the tension between us, they are on my side saying that she's rude and full of herself.

I coach JV baseball (5th/6th grade boys -- her students). She brings her boyfriend to the game. I act cool, but am pretty upset. Next day, she tries to act cool and even cutesy towards me. I ignore her.

I'm just very upset. We were REALLY tight all year long, and I'd even consider her my best friend in the city. Now that our professional relationship is over, I'm seemingly nothing to her.

After Wednesday, I'll never have to see nor hear from her again.