Ex Dreams a year later

Gemini_jo

1 year 2 months since she left me for another man. Used me for sex and left me there to pick up all the pieces. Was my first love, age 22, 3 year only relationship ever.

I experienced a lucid dream last night that my ex and I were back together. I forgave her during the dream and told her the past didn't matter. I think I am completely moved on from her, but then this episode occurs and the nostalgia kicks in like no other.

I've gone on dates/fooled with/etc.. with 20+ women since her and have not found one that meets my expectations. I miss my ex after last night's dream but I know there is nothing I can do about it.

There's NOTHING I should do. Nothing. And I hate that.

You're actually already doing what you should do, or your mind is more specifically. I'm pretty sure dreams are just processing of RL - taking out the trash, changing the sheets, cleaning the toilet, etc. You may have to work on that for a while yet before it's over, if it ever is. So don't go nuts over the dreams. They're normal.

• Like 1

Sounds like your doing great overall. It's normal to take time to get fully over "your 1st love".. I like that you're getting out, dating and fooling around with other girls. Don't put too much pressure on finding "the one" while your out enjoying your youth. The right one will come along and knock your socks off.

I'm a believer that you have to find and be very involved with your next love to fully get over your last. At least that's been the case for me.

I had dreams of my ex wife for a few year's, occasional , after I divorced her. It's natural,as they are a part of your memory/past. They do stop and I can't really remember what she looked like now(divorced about 12yrs ago,can't even remember). I actually went to her FB profile the other day for a laugh. Had the "WTF was I thinking by marrying her" moment. :lmao:

I haven't had a dream about her for in weeks. However, I do tend to daydream a lot and the image of her with someone else pops into my brain and I begin to tell myself, "that must be the better man...". I honestly don't know if she found someone else and I don't care. But yeah, dreams are natural, but sometimes they can ruin your day.

I had one very similar to yours just last week, 15 months on. Before I go to sleep I often pray that I would remember dreams that are important to my life, my path, recovery ect.

My thoughts are this is the minds way of sorting things out. Perhaps part of my soul and her soul are working things out ? Who knows for sure. What I do know is that when you are with someone it is not just a physical connection. You are connected at a soul level. It seems to help me looking at it in this way. Also to say a prayer and just be grateful for the memories seems to lighten the load on my mind and heart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I keep dreaming about her. Almost every night. It has been 1 year 2 months since I've heard anything from her. The break up was so bad I doubt we will talk for a long time.

I don't know how I feel. It's over and I've accepted it but she's still in my mind. She's the only person I've ever had.