Engaged after 5 weeks?!

Sunnylover21

Sunnylover21

Hello again!

I'm feeling pretty low today and am looking for some support.

A brief history:

My ex broke up with me 6 months ago, he was "in love" with somebody else. She was not interested and he realised his mistake. He wanted to get back together.

Up to 6 weeks ago he was messaging me to get back together.

6 weeks ago he started a new relationship.

Yesterday he got engaged to her.

I'm feeling pretty ****ty about it all, is that a normal way to feel? Has anybody else been in this this situation?

totenkopf
Hello again!

A brief history:

My ex broke up with me 6 months ago, he was "in love" with somebody else. She was not interested and he realised his mistake. He wanted to get back together.

I'm feeling pretty ****ty about it all, is that a normal way to feel? Has anybody else been in this this situation?

I had just the same my ex gf who I was going to marry got engaged after six weeks to some guy she got with two months after we split. They sent me a picture of the ring lol. Its weird.

Hello again!

A brief history:

Yeah, I had something similar happen. My ex got engaged after 5 months of dating someone, but he was still feeding me BS about it maybe working and still contacting me. Then, 5 months later, he's engaged. You kind of run the gamut of emotions, and, of course, you have to wonder how long it went on. I mean, I'm sure he was talking to her while still using me as a backup. My advice is stay away from all of that because it's honestly crazy.

How do you go from dating me for 3 years, being cautious about remarrying due to his child and his first wife's family (she died some years earlier very suddenly) to marrying some person you supposedly met 5 months earlier? I've always wondered what his family and his first wife's family thought. They were obviously very concerned that I be a good mom to his child, and I became close with them. I'm sure they were shocked because they were downright shocked when he left me. I mean, we had all spent time developing good relationships and were in it for the long haul.

I think you are probably asking the same questions, so just know you aren't alone. I don't get it, but I don't even try. I've just distanced myself and haven't talked to him in a year and a half. I have nothing more to do with him and his bizarre behavior because it's obviously not a solid foundation for a good partner.

• Like 1
d0nnivain

Be happy you dodged a bullet. What he did is not healthy & the odds are against it lasting.

• Like 1
butterflies1

Be thankful you found out hun! I no it probably feels awful and hurtful. But, If he was messaging you to get back together while dating/ engaged to someone else he will more than likely cheat on her at some point! Be thankful sugar it wont be you in that situation!

I can totally understand where you're coming from, 7 year relationship and she broke it off with me about 2 months ago and we went no contact, now I have found out and saw her in a relationship with a work colleague of hers. Its truly painful knowing she has moved on so quickly.

Although if anything it helps to move on to know she is will someone else now.

totenkopf
I can totally understand where you're coming from, 7 year relationship and she broke it off with me about 2 months ago and we went no contact, now I have found out and saw her in a relationship with a work colleague of hers. Its truly painful knowing she has moved on so quickly.

Jesus man

I'm moaning about a girl I went out with less than a year. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

• Like 1

I think it does help to see an ex with someone else. Even though it guts you in a way that you can't even begin to describe, in my case, I lost all feelings I ever had for him. I could never see him in a romantic way again, and I could never love him again. So I guess as sad as that ended up being, it was the last piece of the puzzle that I needed to move on completely.

• Like 1
I think it does help to see an ex with someone else. Even though it guts you in a way that you can't even begin to describe, in my case, I lost all feelings I ever had for him. I could never see him in a romantic way again, and I could never love him again. So I guess as sad as that ended up being, it was the last piece of the puzzle that I needed to move on completely.

I totally agree with you here, whilst it hurts to think they are now sexual with another, cuddling etc and going on with theirs lives, now that I know she has replaced me and is living what should be our life with some other guy. Well, dunno what it is but something has changed how I feel now I have witnessed it. I no longer want her back, I am hurt and jealous he is enjoying her but I am now done and ready to move on