Words that give you strength

mefisto

Recently i finished reading James Joyce book "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man". I liked the quote a lot, even though he wrote not about a breakup, but still. Its about making mistakes. I have been punishing and blaming myself for ruining relationship with my ex.

Those words make me feel slightly better:

You made me confess the fears that I have.

But I will tell you also what I do not fear.

I do not fear to be alone or to be spurned for another or to leave whatever I have to leave.

And I am not afraid to make a mistake, even a great mistake, a lifelong mistake and perhaps as long as eternity.

Whats your words that give you strength?

Edited by mefisto

I have two great quotes:

“Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.” ~Rumi

"Spirit is always with me. It wants to lift my pain. It does this not by abolishing painful memories, put by putting me totally in the present, where the past doesn't exist."

This last one makes me remember everyday that the past is gone and if I can try to live everyday in the present, the pain is going to be less soon.

• Like 2