I came so close and blown it, now it's too late.

ToastedHat

Hey guys, I wouldn't say I'm a regular here, but just looking for somewhere to vent and hopefully for someone to understand my situation.

So there's a girl, our relationship lasted just shy of six months but we had a ton of issues to work through in our own private lives, my father had a serious car accident and my aunt died around four months in, she had bouts of depression because of a number of things, but when we broke up she wanted us to take a bit of time out but stay friends, then when our heads are in a better position we could explore getting back together. I mostly look back on the relationship as a missed opputunity, we matched really well.

Around three weeks ago I was seeing one girl while having university interviews to deal with so things were pretty hectic, but one night my ex popped up nervously and mentioned she was thinking about 'us' and said she knows if she meets me again she'll end up liking me again .. I was taken back a bit, but in the next few days we organised to meet up in person (Which we haven't done since my aunt died) but we eventually couldn't.

By this time we started to move past it, we still talked but the interest in exploring this just dwindled, I should of told her that I liked her than just leave it too late.

It's just .. dealing with all of this, she's a genuine girl at heart and isn't the type of girl to say something but not mean it like a lot I do meet, it's just "what if's" in my head right now. :mad:

Edited by ToastedHat

Sounds like she was putting feelers out but wasn't too sure about it. Is she very shy? If so, she'd probably hint like that then give up if you didn't respond with enthusiasm. However, if she's unsure, you could be in for a lot of heartbreak if you try to make a go of it again and she remains unsure.

• Author
Sounds like she was putting feelers out but wasn't too sure about it. Is she very shy? If so, she'd probably hint like that then give up if you didn't respond with enthusiasm. However, if she's unsure, you could be in for a lot of heartbreak if you try to make a go of it again and she remains unsure.

She's one of the most shy, stubborn girls I've ever met but there's a good reason to, she was harshly abused and cheated on by a old boyfriend, going as far as attempted rape, she's got issues with trusting people so for her to say she'd give 'us' another chance really means a lot.

But perhaps she was slightly unsure, she asked and stood by our arragment to meet up even though we had to cancel so that means something, but I have to think maybe it's because I didn't say I like her when the time was right to. :(

But and it's worth thinking about, as I mentioned she said that if we do meet up in person she'll end up liking me again, to still arrange to meet up with me that did show that she was interested in taking things further. Looking back I guess I should of read in between the lines more, I got confused early, trying to understand what A girl's intentions are without them being forward about is difficult but I've learned, i'll see how things go from here.

I wouldn't want a girl who chooses to take a break from a relationship. For the benefit of doubt, if you want this girl back I suggest you to stop chasing. Don't tell her that you'll wait for her, don't text her anymore unless she is serious about getting together, don't ask her out for a date, etc. These stuff shows that you're easy to get, and you don't have your own life.

Basically just live your own life. Try not to interact with her if possible. She WILL contact you if she wants to get back together. Also please don't fall for breadcrumbs. Good luck mate!