Frustrated

TunaCat

He dumped me unexpectedly Monday night and he asked specifically for space & no contact. He wants to date others and he said "maybe someday we can get back together" but in the same breath he said that we are in two different places in our lives.

Interesting how he wasn't saying that two days prior. I think he met someone at his work event on Sunday, but that's unimportant.

So I didn't even talk about it on FB, but apparently his friends told him I was talking about him and saying it was all his fault. Um, no I wasn't talking about it. Few people didn't even know we had gotten back together.

Since Monday night, I've gotten two FB messages from him which I didn't read and one text from him which I didn't read. I finally blocked his number, but I haven't removed him from FB yet. I don't plan on answering his messages because I know he just wants to assuage his guilt.

I'm making good progress already. I'm already realizing that I had rose colored glasses on when we rekindled. He isn't attractive to me, and he never was. I was really attracted to his personality. And he didn't challenge me at all. He just agreed with everything I said. He didn't have his own opinions about ANYTHING.

Why is he still trying to contact me even though he asked for space & no contact?

• Like 1
He dumped me unexpectedly Monday night and he asked specifically for space & no contact. He wants to date others and he said "maybe someday we can get back together" but in the same breath he said that we are in two different places in our lives.

Interesting how he wasn't saying that two days prior. I think he met someone at his work event on Sunday, but that's unimportant.

So I didn't even talk about it on FB, but apparently his friends told him I was talking about him and saying it was all his fault. Um, no I wasn't talking about it. Few people didn't even know we had gotten back together.

Since Monday night, I've gotten two FB messages from him which I didn't read and one text from him which I didn't read. I finally blocked his number, but I haven't removed him from FB yet. I don't plan on answering his messages because I know he just wants to assuage his guilt.

I'm making good progress already. I'm already realizing that I had rose colored glasses on when we rekindled. He isn't attractive to me, and he never was. I was really attracted to his personality. And he didn't challenge me at all. He just agreed with everything I said. He didn't have his own opinions about ANYTHING.

Why is he still trying to contact me even though he asked for space & no contact?

I SO admire your strength you are handling this amazingly and we should use you as an example to move on.

You hit the nail on the head, he feels guilty and he is also shocked you aren't a wreck and jumping to answer his messages. Once you block him (and his friends) on fb that should get the point across you aren't going to be taken on another ride for nothing.

Yiu deserve some time alone then later to find a partner who cares, challenges you and whom you can be attracted to.

I think you were meant to get back together just so you can see finally what you REALLY Don't want in a man. This is so great for you! Excited that he assumed breaking up with you would affect you and he could jump back in and have the nerve to contact you.

Keep going girl, you inspired me!!

• Like 2
  • Author

This is all new to me as I've always been the dumper. I've never been the dumpee. Thanks for the words of confidence privategal. I don't know if he expected me to crumble at the first message or what. Men and how they think is all very confusing to me. If he wants to date others, why is he still trying to contact me? It's utterly baffling.

I am a strong, confident woman and he's not who I want. The hardest part for me is losing our friendship. We've been friends since he was 8 and I was 10.

Satu, thank you. I've been listening to that song the last couple hours. I love it.