My brain hates me

Follower

So its been a while since I last posted on here.

Long short: Was engaged to be married she split I wasn't prepared for this and it really screwed me up.

Why I'm posting today:

I moved job recently to start up on my own as a consultant, I'm very happy with this move its doing very well for me and letting me do things I want to do.

The issue I have is that I still think about her nearly daily, this annoys me to now end, it upsets me and bothers me. I think its largely down to feeling lonely but i'm not alone, I have a girlfriend that i'm very happy with and we have been dating for coming on a year, no issues.

I feel like im being bad thinking about my ex, its not something I want to think about but Im not convinced I ever got over it.

Should probably add that I don't get to see my girlfriend very often right now as im working abroad on long stints.

4years on since the breakup and it still haunts me. Need to get over this already it cant be normal.

Im so sorry it does seem like quite a predicament.

Maybe it's forgiveness you don't have yet that keeps a mental connection.

I don't think it's too abnormal to not be able to forget a person you once loved.

Its ok. Just keep the thoughts positive like send a quick positive wish toward her life and then switch the thought to something else.

You may be causing your self to think more cause your stressing about thinking of her. Its ok...think of her. She was important. Just don't dwell and don't beat yourself up.

Healing can take many years and your still living your life positively so its cool.

• Like 1

Just let thoughts about her come and go like any other thoughts.

Let them come and let them go.

If you try to resist them, or push them away, it can cause terrific tension in your psyche. I suspect that that's what's happening here.

Resistance creates persistence.

Edited by Satu
  • Like 3