Ex moved on..

solong123

My ex and I broke up about 5 months ago due to arguing and just small disagreement, we were tired of fighting. I guess I truly felt at some point we would end up back together, which was a silly thought. We remained civil which is why part of me thought we could eventually work things out. But I have just found out he has been dating a girl from work for over a month now. I am in shock and feel so sad. I always had a gut feeling and it turned out to be right. I know i can get through this, but right now it really hurts. Aside from not talking to him anymore what else can I do to feel better? Just let time pass and it will get easier?

HerbertThistle

Unfortunately I am far from the right person to help you with this, as I am struggling with essentially the same question after several years.

That said, the only thing you can do is try to move on. It's hard to say more than that without knowing more about you, but perhaps there's something you've always wanted to do but never did? Breaking out of the ordinary to do something you've thought about for a long time is a good way to clear your head.

Other than that, just keep on keeping on and try to see the good in life. Going through a breakup is hard as hell, but it gets better. I hurt like heck for months and months and ended up taking to the bottle, which isn't a good idea. Don't do that.. While you may keep your feelings for him for a long time, it will get better, and if you're luckier than me you'll lose them altogether.

Good luck to you, and stay strong.

I'm sorry that both of you are in pain. It is very hard when you find out the ex you were hoping to reconcile with has moved on. Yes unfortunately time and space away from them are the only things that will heal you. In the meantime work out, eat healthy and make a plan for yourself. Decide now that you will not sit around this spring and summer thinking about them. I wish you both the best.

Yes, gut wrenching anxiety when they are with someone else is the

worst feeling in life. Rejoice in knowing that you will get to a point where

you will not think about it at all any longer, and if you do, you, won't give a

fnck.

Time is the greatest healer for breakups.

It is never easy to let go of something that meant so much to you, but gradually you'll find yourself again and realise that there is so much out there!

Find something new to do, take up a new hobby or pick up a book to read.

With time you'll start to feel at ease with yourself.

My ex and I broke up about 5 months ago due to arguing and just small disagreement, we were tired of fighting. I guess I truly felt at some point we would end up back together, which was a silly thought. We remained civil which is why part of me thought we could eventually work things out. But I have just found out he has been dating a girl from work for over a month now. I am in shock and feel so sad. I always had a gut feeling and it turned out to be right. I know i can get through this, but right now it really hurts. Aside from not talking to him anymore what else can I do to feel better? Just let time pass and it will get easier?

Time and NC. My heart goes out to you. I cannot imagine finding out such news and but can imagine how much it hurt to find out his present day status. That is definitely an extra stab to the heart right there. It is interesting how our gut usually knows how it is, even if the truth hurts.

Just keep taking it one day at a time and little by little put the focus back on you and know that you deserve someone who loves you the way you love him.

Whatever is meant to be, will be.

• Like 1

My ex girlfriend ended it with me 5 months ago. I did strict No Contact for 3 month then thought I was ready so reached out... She told me she was over me and dating someone I know but wouldn't tell me who.

It broke my already broken heart even more.

I went back to No Contact.. Last week I received the news she was sleeping with someone I considered a "friend" and the worst part is he was bragging about it over social media - how embarrassing for me..for her.. What a disgrace to 3 years of loving somebody.

It hurts like hell but it has finally proven to me she never ever loved me the way I loved her. I deserve more and she has done something unforgivable and irreversible.

She will have to live with that for the rest of her life, I hope at some point in time it hits her what she has done. It probably won't.

I have no friends now, no girlfriend, just my career.

My advice to you is accept reality, internalise the feelings of rejection and pain and heart ache and then let them out by doing the things you enjoy...

Remember the person you were before you met the person who broke your heart, you were fine without them once and you will be again.

Pain changes people.

Maybe loving her wasn't a mistake, maybe I was supposed to learn this lesson for love to last next time.

At least you and me can finally "move on" we have our "closure" and we can start to let go.

I went from love to caring gradually and I think I'm close to indifference.

Stay strong, success is the best revenge.

Kind Regards

Avante

X

Sorry for your pain. It's going to hurt any time someone you care about finds someone new, but the important thing is to not dwell on it. Instead of concentrating on what he is doing, concentrate on what you can do to move forward and make your own life the best it can be. Do things that make you happy, things you have always wanted to do. Travel, take up new hobbies, spend time with friends, meet new people, exercise, get a pet ... anything that will give you something new to focus on so you are not dwelling on what you've lost but instead focusing on the future.

And by all means keep posting here. It is immensely helpful to just get the feelings out when you feel like you have nowhere else to go, plus people here can help you through it. We've all been there.

• Like 1