6 months post BU slight relapse...

OneConfuzedGuy

OneConfuzedGuy

Ok guys I haven't been on here in about 2 months. I needed a break from reading or talking about relationships. So pretty much the first 3 months were horrendous and can't explain how painful it was. These past 3 months have actually been pretty great. Ive traveled, continued to workout, gone on a few dates nothing serious, enjoyed time with friends and family and felt like wow I am getting back to me finally. I have been no contact for about 4 months and have not looked at her social media or anything.

So last night me n my buddy were grabbing a drink n because it was me and the ex's anniversary date I sorta brought it up to him cause I was feeling a bit down. Then he asks me if I have been on social media recently, I told him no and I dont want to know. But the tone in his voice I was like ok man what is it what happened.

He told me he saw pictures of her n this guy traveling in another country, the same guy who she was getting close to before we broke up n said was just a friend/co-worker. Immediatly i felt a rush in my mind n body n felt numb. I have been doing so much better focusing on me and not seeing what she was doing.

Now it feels like every thing I suspected happened really did happen and she actually was seeing someone else at the end of our relationship or right after, whether it was emotionally or physically it pretty much confirms she was in fact cheating.

I was feeling great and now I feel like this sliver of information is taking me steps n steps back. HELP how do I not let this affect me? I know people move on eventually but this is the same guy that she was talking to at the end of our relationship. I wish my friend never told me he never meant any harm but today is the worst I have felt in 3 months!!!

Your struggling because you think it's a competition and that guy

is better than you. He's not and your ex isn't exactly a prize. It speaks

nothing about you and a lot about her.

And remember that curiosity killed the cat.

• Like 1

Sigh..So sorry this happened to you. It's normal..even though its been like..6 months(?)..and seems like you have moved on..you're still in the healing process..please be very careful with your heart. Take this as a lesson and do not ever ask anything about her anymore.

This is the exact reason why I have deactivated my facebook, blocked my phone, email, linkedin (totally forgot to block until the bastard's ugly face popped up on my linkedin..crapface looked at my profile and I blocked the ugly face immediately) , whatsapp and deleted and discarded all photos, gifts..literally everything that reminds me of this person.

I have even blocked the best friend and deactivated my whatsapp after a mutual friend texted me asking me to be happy (and not to think too much). My whatsapp now is on a different number where only my friends know..any mutual friends with the piece of crap have been snubbed.

I know it may seem extreme on my end but I need go the extra mile to do this to protect my heart. I need this shield to help me move on which I'm doing very well now (helps that this person also stays in another country..)

Don't worry. This will soon pass...meantime please do whatever it takes to build that shield around you so that the person is not able to hurt you anymore (directly and indirectly)..

Your heart is still fragile..for now..

I also blocked a lot of people. I block acquaintances that I can somehow connect to

her in my thoughts. People she went to school with, people she works with, people that

introduced us, all of them are blocked if they pop out somewhere.

So what you are doing is perfectly

understandable.