Desperate need to vent :(

Hello everyone, I was posting here a few months ago... I managed to go 7 months NC and doing "fine". My ex began dating someone at that time and it's been a year now since we really broke up.

He contacted me on January because he found out my dad died (Dec 14') and he said I ahad been on his mind and had been dreaming about me. We started talking about several things we never said when we broke up. HE mentioned how changed and grown up I was now and how he wished we were like this when we were together. We started talking more and more and began what seemed a friendship. Until I started having feelings for him again, and he admitted he had unresolved feelings for me too. He told me about his problems with his current GF and basically just sought out to me for advice. All was well, until she broke up with him because she wasn't OK with us talking. He worked to fix it last week and got together and he cut me off completely.

Part of me thought that after his breakup with her, we could start something new and fresh but my heart broke when he chose to fix things with her. I feel stupid, VERY... on square one all over again.

What bothers me is how he used to talk about her saying she wasn't exactly the person he saw a future with, unlike when he was with me... those kind of things. GRR I feel so sad :(

I am so sorry!

You need to block him from your life forever! Do not ever contact him again and do not allow him the ability to contact you. If he finds a way, please ignore him!

I hate to state the obvious but it seems he reached out to you because you were comfortable to him and he was looking for something/someone to replace his pain. A rebound of sorts. Thankfully for your sake it stopped before it went on for months only to end again.

I know how hard it is. Post here for support but DO NOT reach out to him no matter what you do!

(((HUGS)))

• Like 1
I am so sorry!

You need to block him from your life forever! Do not ever contact him again and do not allow him the ability to contact you. If he finds a way, please ignore him!

I hate to state the obvious but it seems he reached out to you because you were comfortable to him and he was looking for something/someone to replace his pain. A rebound of sorts. Thankfully for your sake it stopped before it went on for months only to end again.

I know how hard it is. Post here for support but DO NOT reach out to him no matter what you do!

(((HUGS)))

He reached out to you while he was dating her and put her down inferring "she isn't the one" which means he would do the same to you. He is one of those guys that always needs a backup plan and someone in the wings.

He was grooming your feelings throughout his relationship with her so that if she broke up with him he could say to you "see, I told you she wasn't the one, you were all I thought of" He was just setting it all up so you would be ready to jump back in if he needed you too.

He cant be alone, his ego must be fed at all times. Gross!

Im sorry that he strung you along, none of what he was doing was right nor sincere. And it feeds his ego too that he was able to "win" her back too.

He doesn't love her, nor you....he loves HIM, and its only a matter of time before he will be emotionally cheating on her too. Always needing another girl to stroke his big fat ego. Don't be that girl for him anymore, let some other chick do the "honors" and his current girlfriend can HAVE him ugh what a prize huh?, sounds like you are wising up! chin up girl you lost NOTHING! xo

• Like 2

What an @sshat for stringing you along like that.

You were his plan B.

That's unacceptable.

Block him and cut him out of your life immediately and forever.

• Author

Thank you all for your replies :) I did feel so much better the past 2 days and I do agree, i think he is completely selfish :( so i'm better off alone. Thank you guys again

• Like 1

I think he still had feelings for you and maybe he wondered whether this could had worked but when faced the decision of you or the other, he preferred her. I'm sorry you're suffering