Ex Broke Up With Rebound....Then Got Back With Rebound....

isurvivedyoucantoo

isurvivedyoucantoo

So I've been doing pretty great with the whole getting over my Ex thing, but a few weeks ago I heard through mutual friends that my ex had broken up with her rebound, but got right back with him a few days later.

I haven't spoken to my ex since she dumped me over text in July (Besides some small talk that she initiates when I'm eating dinner on campus with mutual friends) and I kinda got my hopes up that I'd finally get an apology (I know closure comes from within and I've been working on that, just the idea of an apology sounded so nice).

I already know what to do, which of course is to stay LC/NC. I just really wanted an apology lol. Oh well, I hope everyone is coping better than I am, I may have taken a few steps back. :/

Anyways, just kinda rambling to someone since I've bottled this up for a bit. Back to focusing on myself, for myself.

It's okay to slip sometimes as long as you get back up and keep going in the right direction :). It sounds like you are doing just that, so kudos to you for that!

I know how satisfying it might be if you got an apology, but I think you really need to think about whether that would really add any value to your life or not. If you get an apology, then great. If not, then who says your life can't be just as great or even better? :)

An apology would be great but it would never take away the pain and heartache you suffered. Continue on your solo journey to recovery no matter the potholes and obstacles you encounter along the way.

I do think you should tell the mutual friends that unless they are reporting to you that she is missing or presumed dead then they shouldnt give you updates about her life. Ignorance is truly bliss.

• Like 1
  • Author
isurvivedyoucantoo
It's okay to slip sometimes as long as you get back up and keep going in the right direction :). It sounds like you are doing just that, so kudos to you for that!

I know how satisfying it might be if you got an apology, but I think you really need to think about whether that would really add any value to your life or not. If you get an apology, then great. If not, then who says your life can't be just as great or even better? :)

Yeah you are right. What would an apology do? It will just bring up old memories I killed awhile ago. I just need to keep on moving on.

I feel you. I actually came back to this forum because my ex contacted me whilst being with his rebound, we talked, they broke up and got back together and i feel like i'm left in square one... :( believe me, you're better off without his/her apology.

• Author
isurvivedyoucantoo
I feel you. I actually came back to this forum because my ex contacted me whilst being with his rebound, we talked, they broke up and got back together and i feel like i'm left in square one... :( believe me, you're better off without his/her apology.

That's in the back of my head. If they come back after a failed rebound, guess what? They are probably just trying to use you. Which kinda sucks.

Edited by woxdy

Please stop focusing on this apology. If she'd wanted to say sorry, that would have happened in the past 7 or 8 months already.

I think you know that this desire for an apology is more about receiving some contact from the ex you aren't quite over. However, it sounds like you're not about to contact her and, in turn, you'll start doing great again. Keep doing what you're doing.

Apologies come from those who care and those who think they have something to be sorry for. You aren't getting one and I am not getting one because our exes do not care and they do not feel they have a thing to apology for.

We do not have control over their actions. We only have control of our own.

Moving on sucks but we have no other choice.