indifference is it progress?

crazycanuck86

crazycanuck86

Lately I've been finding myself feeling indifferent towards the girl who really hurt me on the friendship level and broke my heart, which is a bit of a mixed blessing. On the one hand I am able to get on with dating other women without her in mind, focas on what's important to me right now, and move on....which is all well and good. But on the other hand when I think about what happened, how she hurt me, how in hurt her in return, and the possablity of us becoming friends again I get a strange distiant mixed feeling of a empty/sad hollowness towards her because I honestly don't think I want her in my life again; even though it doesn't effect my life if she dose or doesn't come back into it.

Is that a sign that I'm still holding on to the bitterness and hurt or is becoming that indffernt towards someone just part of the prossess?

Any inside would be appreciated

I think you feel the empty/sad hollowness towards her because she hurt you and you might be alittle bit bitter. It's how your body reacts to protect itself by making you feel empty towards her.

Anyways there's not much to analyze here, this is normal when someone hurt you, you just lose feeling towards this person after awhile because you are moving on. So you could say it's a process and a way that protects yourself from her hurting you again.

Lately I've been finding myself feeling indifferent towards the girl who really hurt me on the friendship level and broke my heart, which is a bit of a mixed blessing. On the one hand I am able to get on with dating other women without her in mind, focas on what's important to me right now, and move on....which is all well and good. But on the other hand when I think about what happened, how she hurt me, how in hurt her in return, and the possablity of us becoming friends again I get a strange distiant mixed feeling of a empty/sad hollowness towards her because I honestly don't think I want her in my life again; even though it doesn't effect my life if she dose or doesn't come back into it.

Is that a sign that I'm still holding on to the bitterness and hurt or is becoming that indffernt towards someone just part of the prossess?

Any inside would be appreciated

How did she hurt you?

Friendship is hard to find, why would you be unwilling to salvage it if you could?

Imo, first you just feel numb, then you move on (indifference), I think you're just numb now.

Anyway the healing process will depend on the person, some can let go but others feel the pain and bitterness years and years after. I hope you are the type to let go so that you can find someone who actually wants to be with you.

• Like 1