Holding up well, i think?

iDoodleEveryday

iDoodleEveryday

Hello LS-ers,

it has been about two months since i broke up with her, for those who want to know why here it is.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/second-chances/509331-rebound-dude

Two months is a short time. And I have gone NC for almost 6 weeks. NC has helped me to a great deal. I find myself being able to cope better than the first few weeks prior to the BU.

Instead of choking and tearing when i think of her, now i just think of her and although i have alittle bit of negativity how she ended things. I still think of her pretty much everyday but i kind of limit myself to a maximum of two times a day, anything more than that i would just shut my brain off and run off to do something else more important. e.g exercising/work/hanging out with friends, etc.. (you get the idea)

But it isn't without any upsets during the NC, about a month in, she blocked me off instagram and blocked me off whatsapp. One of our mutual friends told me it was probably because i was hanging out with a girl i knew and instagram pictures irritated her.

But weirdly, 2 days later she unblocked me off whatsapp (probably because it was her birthday).

Its weird that even though i feel this negativity with regards to the way we broke up, all i can remember are the good times we shared and not really harping on how bad or sudden the break up was. Although i am not saying that i do not feel emotional when i think back of the good times, i still do feel alil upset at times but now its been better!

And to those going through a tough time with you're BU or ex problems, always remember that an airplane has to fight the wind in order to soar! So, do not give up and stick with NC, NC has at least helped with my coping with my emotional being and given back my ability to smile.

To my fellow LS-ers, is my reaction to the breakup normal? Because some people have told me to hate her, and when i hate her i will end up forgetting her more easily (but for some reason i just cant seem to hate her, tried putting that thought into my mind but never succeeded).

I think it is healthier to foster a feeling of compassion for both yourself and for her, which seems to be what you are doing.

Choosing compassion doesn't mean you belong together or that you have to excuse away the parts that made things not work. You can focus on what didn't work and why it didn't work without hating. Hate is destructive for both the hated and the hater.

• Author
iDoodleEveryday

Hi Auspecial,

although i might not hate her. but the feeling of despair comes and goes.

like literally some days i would feel so good about myself but some days i am extremely down. kind of feel it isn't healthy for me to be feeling this way. my feelings are kinda fluctuating