No Contact is working - slight hurdle

Avante91

Broke up 30th November, I began no contact 3rd January and I do feel so much better in myself.

She blocked me on everything (felt so harsh and cold but I think it honestly did me good).

I forgot to cancel the flowers I pre ordered back in November.. And upon receiving an email confirming expected delivery I called the florist to try cancel only to be told they had been delivered....what a regret.

That was a week ago, she didn't get in contact and I have no way of contacting her. 2 days ago I had 26 missed calls from an unknown number, but no text and no voicemail - I will never truly know who it was.

She's unblocked me now, I only realised as I was clearing out some of my fb photos and I could see her tagged again, I checked twitter and I'm also unblocked.

I took two of my beautiful female friends out last night for a meal and then drinks, my ex walks in the bar we exchange a brief look and then carry on as If neither of us were even there.

I'm curious why she unblocked me - I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything and I'm probably over thinking it. I spoke to my female friends and they said:

A) she did it to show you she's over you so doesn't need to keep you blocked

B) she feels like she is being ignored and pushed away and wants your attention again (they are convinced the missed calls were her so am I to be honest)

C) she just wanted to check up on what you were doing and how you were coping without her

D) she wants you to reach out

I made a promise to myself that I would not reach out and I won't. I just want to know a females perspective on this please?

Kind regards

Avante

X

Edited by Avante91
  • Like 1
  • Author
I think similarly to your female friends. The 26 missed call thing just made my day too, lol. Yeah.. pretty sure that was your ex. Hehe. :laugh:

Ha :) it felt like a bit of an ego boost to be honest!

So now I block her (I couldn't before she blocked me first haha) right?

And I carry on doing ME.

She hasn't reached out properly - missed calls she was probably drunk and I won't accept anything less than "I messed up I'm sorry I've changed" face to face... The likelihood of which is 1%

Do you agree I block or do I leave unblocked? I trust myself not to look

Regards

Avante

X

I would say don't do anything because if you block her it makes you look petty/childish and shows that you still care. Don't bother giving her a reaction.

And 26 missed calls?! Really? Lol

• Like 1

Hehe, well that is quite the ego boost, I must say.

However, I agree, it's not proper effort.

Missed calls and no voicemail = low grade effort.

I say leave her unblocked so it doesn't look like you care, and keep doing you.

My thoughts of your ex: 'you never miss a good thing til it's gone...'

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you both kindly for your words and advice.

I've left her unblocked - let her see how great I am and what she has lost :)

Goodnight x

• Like 2

26 missed calls from a blocked number is intense. I think you should give a nice pat to your ego, regardless of whether or not it was her. Someone really wanted to talk to you.

I think doing nothing is the perfect answer. If you are not going to be tempted to check her social media, then you are on the right track. I personally think she unblocked you so she could check and see what you were up to. I know for a fact that my ex still checks my social media and I feel like I have the upper hand because I have not once checked his. You are probably crossing her mind and her curiosity probably got the best of her.

Do update if you receive any more mysterious phone calls. I think she will eventually reach out to you.

• Like 1

I feel like your posts are very high school sounding.

You took two of your pretty girlfriends out for drinks and your ex just happened to be there?

Sounds to me that was a set up to make her jealous.

When you block someone it doesn't matter how it makes you look or how they feel about it, it's about moving on and it's fake to keep friends who aren't friends.

She isn't a fb friend she is your ex.

Stay out of hangouts where she will be, stay off her page and block her.

Enough feeding your ego, your an adult and frankly your ego is keeping you stuck still caring if she's calling, what she's doing, if she unblocked you...just unfriend and block her and move on fully. How long in this short life (we only get one) do you want to stay stuck caring about an ex.

Get humble, volunteer, do something great with your life and stop living in the past.

• Author
I feel like your posts are very high school sounding.

You took two of your pretty girlfriends out for drinks and your ex just happened to be there?

Sounds to me that was a set up to make her jealous.

When you block someone it doesn't matter how it makes you look or how they feel about it, it's about moving on and it's fake to keep friends who aren't friends.

She isn't a fb friend she is your ex.

Stay out of hangouts where she will be, stay off her page and block her.

Enough feeding your ego, your an adult and frankly your ego is keeping you stuck still caring if she's calling, what she's doing, if she unblocked you...just unfriend and block her and move on fully. How long in this short life (we only get one) do you want to stay stuck caring about an ex.

Get humble, volunteer, do something great with your life and stop living in the past.

A lot of assumptions to make from one post.

I am allowed attractive female friends, I am allowed to spend time with them I am single.

My ex lives in a different city so I've not set this up at all as it was in my home town and I had no way of knowing she was back for the weekend.

It's okay to have an opinion but it's not okay to connect the dots and assume.

All I got from your post was negativity and frankly ive come a long way and don't need to be called immature. What have I really done..gone for food with friends then drinks...

Sending you good vibes

Regards

• Like 2
A lot of assumptions to make from one post.

I am allowed attractive female friends, I am allowed to spend time with them I am single.

My ex lives in a different city so I've not set this up at all as it was in my home town and I had no way of knowing she was back for the weekend.

It's okay to have an opinion but it's not okay to connect the dots and assume.

All I got from your post was negativity and frankly ive come a long way and don't need to be called immature. What have I really done..gone for food with friends then drinks...

Sending you good vibes

Regards

Spot on buddy. Sometimes that ego boost is all you need to move on. Continue to do you. I wish it was that easy for me lol