When does the pain stop

rollercoaster11

rollercoaster11

Thats the question that I ask myself especially when it takes everything in me to get out of bed most days. I think if I didnt have to work..I would just stay indoors and cry. I have been through heartbreak before but it seems each time its different. I bet my ex is not feeling sad. Some days I have this burst of confidence and within seconds its gone. Im tired of the yoyo feelings that I have. I just want to be happy again and want to be that way without having to jump back into another relationship.....how long have anyone on here waited before you got involved with someone again. Did I mention that going to work is equally harder because mx ex works there....no escaping it...What do I do?

What do you have outside of work to make you happy?

Do you have family, friends, hobbies, exercise, activities, volunteering? Do you have pets?

Yes, break ups suck bad. But, in life we have ups/downs. If all your happiness is centered around the particular person you're dating at that time, then maybe it's time to look at your life and make your life more rich/fulfilling. I mean, that saying that 'you can't love someone till you love yourself' has some truth to it.

And about him being at work? Look, instead of hiding from him and/or cringing. Be friendly, pretend that nothing ever happened. It takes more energy to avoid someone than to just treat them like normal.

And lastly, actions follow feelings. People seem to wait on a "feeeeeling", when the thing is we have to do an "action" to create that feeling. So, act like he and you are besties - treat him with professionalism at work. Soon, the feelings of sadness/despair will fade.

Good luck....

• Author
rollercoaster11

I am a loner and I did make this person the center of my life...he made things so exciting for awhile. I mentioned work because most people can get away from their personal problems but mine is there. However, I will take your advice and fake it til I make it. Thanks so much again...update....I made myself get out of bed and go to the gym..yes I felt a little better! Im glad I discovered this forum...I think my family and friends are tired of hearing me talk about this.....nobody understands it until its their problem.