Today I smiled

Avante91

I haven't smiled in so long. I don't think I was happy in my relationship it lasted 3 years somehow but should have ended a lot sooner.. We both argued and hurt each other.

Day 37 no contact I've been going to the gym, visiting new places with friends.

Yesterday I was coming back from a break with friends and I saw her car, I felt sick.. Then I saw her and my chest hurt, I felt instantly depressed and I couldn't talk. Luckily I was in a car and she never saw me.

I went on a date last night with a woman 12years older than my ex and we had so much chemistry it showed me that I can make people laugh and happy and I'm not going to be alone or feel this sadness forever.

This morning I smiled and I couldn't stop all day it felt amazing..but now I feel like day 1 of the breakup seeing her has really thrown me off!

Any suggestions how I can deal with this minor set back? I don't expect to see my ex again (I go the long way everywhere) but one day I'm sure I will and I don't want to have to hide. My friends say fake it until you make it just smile and keep going?

I honestly feel like I've just been dumped again ugh

King regards

Avante

X

• Like 1

I know what you mean. I saw My ex in her car about 3 weeks ago, not once, but 3 days in a row. I felt like I slipped all the way back in my recovery too. But i saw her again yesterday, and to be honest, i felt a little something, but nothing like those earlier times. I just looked away and kept going.

Time will fix it.

Those days when you smile will become more and more, and it's not her making you smile, it's you. You don't need her to smile.

You're bound to run into her if you live in the same city, but eventually, she'll just be a stranger again and you won't care.

• Like 1